Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please answer before you close this thread, thanks

Dear moderators,
    here´s a list of possible handles. I´d like to know if you would ban some of them if they would be used. If yes which ones of them would you ban and why? Would be nice if you can explain by not refering to the Apolyton (or whatever) rules.

So here we go:

Adolf Hitler
    Jack The Ripper
    Alter Wichser
    merde
    Torquemada
    ********er
    carcase
    kill oedo!
    sperm
    vagina
    suicide
    Rex Gildo
    dildo
    Ming69
    Bill Gates
    the real Bill Gates
    Chasey Laine
    Josef Stalin
    Holocaust
    allapolytonersare*******s
    chainsaw massacre
    gay
    gas chamber
    justice is might

I can venture a guess...

********er, kill oezo!, vagina, Rex Gildo, dildo and apolytonersareass<sksskdk>holes would be banned. I guess the rest would go through... I mean, we have Djugashvili, so why not Stalin and Hitler? As for foreign insults, someone would have to pick up on it and complain for them to be banned. Gas Chamber is questionable...

edit: oh, and why? They are either "obscene" or insulting to the existing posters.
    <font size=1 face=Arial color=444444>[This message has been edited by Hugo Rune (edited March 26, 2000).]</font>

Comment

"Would be nice if you can explain by not refering to the Apolyton (or whatever) rules"

Why not? That's what they're there for.

----------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS

Comment

I mean the intention of rules is to prevent that people are offended by the use of specific words (for example in handles). That´s why you created a list, that trys to find a rule of what logins will be allowed and what logins will be banned. That´s ok so far. But now it comes out that some people feel offended by the use of handles like Albert Speer. I can live that handle. But I would get upset if one day someone would post under ´Adolf Hitler´ or ´Heinrich Himmler´ into this forum. The rule says nothing about this case. And Hugo Rune pointed out that names of criminals are a very sensitve and problematic case.

Using explicit sexual content is a reason for banning. I have only few idea where you set the definition for ´explicit´. Ís ********ing more explicit than a french kiss? How are the relations to explicit violent content (i.e. splatter)? I´m just curious, and that´s why I made this list that also regards some other cases. Maybe you even enjoy this little quiz

Of course you can make hints to your rules. All I want to avoid is that you just answer by saying "...because the rule says so." or "...the rule doesn´t say so."

Hugo, I have no idea who Djugashvili is or was. I always thought he´s a Georgian footballer playing for ´SC Freiburg´ in the ´Bundesliga´ - this is obviously an error.
        justice is might

Comment

djugashvili
          = iosef vissarnovich djugashvili

a.k.a. stalin

------------------
          OFFICIAL APOLYTON UBB CODE BUG
          PROT VICE ADMINISTRATOR

provost_bug@hotmail.com
          "I have the leadership abilities of a small cantaloupe."
          -Stefu
          it is against the laws of nature for an administrator to spam.
          -MarkG

Comment

oh, and another thing: names mocking, slandering, insulting, or depraving another poster will be deleted...
            insultful names about apolyton or gamestats: ditto.

------------------
            OFFICIAL APOLYTON UBB CODE BUG
            PROT VICE ADMINISTRATOR

provost_bug@hotmail.com
            "I have the leadership abilities of a small cantaloupe."
            -Stefu
            it is against the laws of nature for an administrator to spam.
            -MarkG

Comment

Working...
            X