Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here it is again, top right.
    Attached Files
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

can you wait for a firefox feature that disables sounds on ads?
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

How come I don't get any pop-ups anymore lately? ( not really complaining but hey...)

Firefox 0.9 ( I allow pop-ups from poly, I did remove the Joetec(?) recently, but you no longer work with them, right?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          can you wait for a firefox feature that disables sounds on ads?

Will that happen?
          "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
          "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

normally I have my sound off, but I was playing a computer game early. And some ad came up saying: Hi, my name is Tina.

I turned if off after that. Very annoying.

Comment

Another degree? :shrug:
              I suppose I could add it to the pile.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                Oh, and just to brag: I DO have a University degree.
                I have two

...not that it counts for much on this web site: there are an astonishing number of people with doctorates. There are even a few genuine academics skulking about.

BTW, if you don't like the ads, why not cough up for 'Poly Plus? IMO, it's rather good value.
                Last edited by Case; June 20, 2004, 07:15.
                'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Originally posted by Case
                  I have two

...not that it counts for much on this web site: there are an astonishing number of people with doctorates. There are even a few genuine academics skulking about.
                  It was more a +1 than a genuine braging anyway.

BTW, if you don't like the ads, why not cough up for 'Poly Plus? IMO, it's rather good value.
                  See above.

Comment

Isn't there a banner-free style?
                    I don't seem to remember seeing any banner ads for quite some time now, even before becoming a Plus member.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Right before subscribing (the cost of which I haven't actually noticed when paying my credit card bill, due to all my more expensive yet less worthy purchases ) I got an ad on a new page whenever I went to a different forum.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I blocked popups. But now I don't feel guilty about it.

Comment

Working...
                        X