No announcement yet.

REDIRECT ADS (go.php) Provider Replaced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would this recent change be related the sudden onslaught of popunders I'm receiving?
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

no, cause this change is on the redirect pages only
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I'll help the communist party and share the hapyness I receive from my filthy expensive PLUS subscription.

Come, and get some hapyness from this post!

Formerly known as "CyberShy"
        Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          no, cause this change is on the redirect pages only
          The redirect pages spawn popups now, though.
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Popups? What's popups?
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

It's what you get if you turn google toolbar off for this site.
              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

What google toolbar?
                SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                  It's what you get if you turn google toolbar off for this site.
                  And why would anyone do that?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
                  The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Some voluntarily refrain from using such things because they do not wish to deny the site potential revenue. They may feel that, though they do not wish to/cannot want to take a subscription, they also don't want to free ride totally at the expense of others.

Hypothetically.

Comment

That sounds like too much work.

Comment

Re: REDIRECT ADS (go.php) Provider Replaced

Originally posted by MarkG

....... that it's filthy rich PLUS members never got to realise the existance of the problem as they live in an ADFREE enviroment which you can join too for as low as $2!
                        So they dont get any pop-ups at all! I just had two batches of 3-4 pop-ups with a offsite redirect.

I wish there was another way to pay besides paypal (who I despise) ?
                        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Why can't you ask somebody to do the paypal for you?
                          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I have a paypal account. I just take offense at their intrusive attitude. I used a platinum card with $10K limit to set up the account and everything was fine. Some time later they changed their policy and decided that they needed my bank account number else my use of paypal was limited to some small amount/year. **** that, they have no need for my bank account number and I told them so. They gave me some bull**** about it being totally secure (yeah right). I dont think I've used paypal (or ebay) since then.
                            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Ahh I see. They don't have my account number either. The way I see it, I use them as I need. I don't give them anything if I don't want to. And I don't get mad.

I mean if somebody told you that you have to add lots of stuff to a chair before you are able to use it to sleep, would you be mad at it and never use that chair again? I wouldn't. I would just laugh it off and continue to use the chair as a place to sit.
                              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                              X