Upload problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upload problem

Ok, when the new upload system was first implemented, I couldn't upload anything without getting a SQL error.

Now that I have ApolytonPLUS, I can actually access the upload and it shows the files uploading. However, once uploaded, it displays as a broken link and when I click to view the image, it says "file does not exist".

I'm currently having to e-mail screenshots for the Civ3 inter-site competition to other members of the team for posting and I'd prefer to just post them myself at the same time I put up the turn reports.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
    Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
    7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Oh, and before anyone asks, it tells me that I'm currently using 0 mb of my total of 20 mb of upload space... yet no uploads ever work.

Comment

So when the uploading is finished, it takes you to a very white screen with the name of the file on it?

I would have said it was just because you can no longer display uploaded images properly in threads the old way, you have to use , but the fact that you are not able to use up any of your upload account is strange.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

hmmm, shame you are having problems

I have been using this system for sometime with great results
        Gurka 17, People of the Valley
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

try playing around with your cookie settings both on your apolyton account and browser

i'm in... military activities right now, i'll be able to look into it more thoroughly on friday
          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I'm having trouble displaying uploaded images in threads, the [ img ] tag doesn't seem to work with all that upload view php stuff in the link

The solution I came upon is using iframe, but I'd rather figure out a better way to do it

Tell me there's a better way!

Comment

I have a big gun

HTML.

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                i'm in... military activities right now,
                Making glorious children for the state, Markos?
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

no, making sure the glorious greek artillery has excellent communications so that it can crash evil people's armies more effectively

Comment

isn't artillery a bit of an overkill for protecting the Olympic games?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                      "There's a terrorist in the middle of the crowd! Fire!!!!"
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Worry less about artillery and more about the stadium and transport!

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                          i dont know, the general asked us to target a tree and we did it

Comment

You needed an additional 20 shields of production in the nearest town?
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              You needed an additional 20 shields of production in the nearest town?
                              It's actually only 10.

Comment

Working...
                              X