Ad error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ad error

Occasionaly, a page stops loading at this text.

t.com/ads/ad10371a-map.cgi/ns/v=2.0S/sz=468x60A/" target="_top">

This I assume is the banner ad just to the right of the Apolyton logo with M0O3 Light Special.

EDIT - seems to have gone away. :/
    Last edited by Qilue; May 21, 2004, 11:41.
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

should have stopped the last few hours, right?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Yes, hasn't re-appeared at all. I guess it was just a random glitch.
      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

actually it was an act of god

Comment

So, people are still seeing ads while they can pay to become a poly-plus member and not see any ads at all?
          Formerly known as "CyberShy"
          Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

See ads? You've clearly not developed the proper selective vision - I only see ads if they include scantily clad women!
            Why can't you be a non-conformist just like everybody else?

It's no good (from an evolutionary point of view) to have the physique of Tarzan if you have the sex drive of a philosopher. -- Michael Ruse
            The Nedaverse I can accept, but not the Berzaverse. There can only be so many alternate realities. -- Elok

Comment

Actually, I've been getting another kind of ad error. Two actually.

1st - Developed after previous error went away and not occasionally, no banner ad appears at all.

2nd - When an ad does appear, I always see the same one. It's the one about RoN's x-pac.

EDIT - Concerning 1st, it seems like the ad server wont send the ad unless I accept the cookie (HA!),

Comment

1. it's the cookie thing

2. the specific ad is just very frequent

Comment

Having problems with ads??

Try ApoytonPlus!!

Look ma, no ads!!

Monk
                  so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Ok, still mostly getting the RON x-pac ad, but I do occasionally get one from EBay on the new post page.

Also still occasionally get no ad at all, but the google adserver seems to not bother trying to send a cookie after it gets rejected.

Comment

Originally posted by Qilue
                      Ok, still mostly getting the RON x-pac ad, but I do occasionally get one from EBay on the new post page.

Also still occasionally get no ad at all, but the google adserver seems to not bother trying to send a cookie after it gets rejected.

hi ,

what about google toolbar , ...

or the msn version , .....

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                        hi ,

what about google toolbar , ...

or the msn version , .....

have a nice day
                        I don't use either.

Comment

They include a pop-up blocker by default. Of course, so do any modern browsers. *cough*opera*cough*
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

What do popups have to do with banner ads.

Comment

They include banner ad removing functions by default.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                              X