Server load problem again?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Server load problem again?

For a couple days I've been having problems with using my threads function from time to time. I did not know if it was my end or the Poly's end. But I just saw that the good Doc had posted his nice double post in about 10 minutes apart so I suppose it is indeed the server that is experiencing some problems again?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Apparently so. I just got a database error page after a very long wait. But it reloaded upon request. We haven't had these problems in a long, long time. I guess perfection would be too much to ask or expect.

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

I am noticing this too.
      SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

let me know if it continues
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

For the last week or two, although generally Poly itself is fast, I have noticed a significant slowdown when searching for a particular poster. I have not tested the circumstances where this slowdown does/does not happen, but I know that searching for a particular keyword does not seem to be slow. However, when searching for MrWhereItsAt in the poster name in the Civ3-PBEM forum (in order to find all the PBEM threads I am in), the search can take as much as two minutesm and then the intermediate stage screen informing you that 'the search is in progress' shows for at least another minute. Using the 'forward' button on that screen does nothing.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
            let me know if it continues
            The problems have occured on 2 or 3 occasions, but have been very short-lived. There is a kind of server burp (technical talk ) then all goes back to normal.

Comment

"my threads" can be very slow too. I normaly use it often but stopped lately
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

and then there is the occassional timed out trying to connect with apolyton server....

Are there changes going on or maintenance activities??

Monk
                so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Working...
                X