Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible security failure? (hacked profile)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More often then not, a user accesses his ACS account on a public computer, then forgets to logoff before leaving. This is how most of these account 'hackings' occur.

The advice is, clean up after yourself.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

A couple of times other Kiwis have claimed that they have been default logged in as me when going onto Poly - Sn00py and Frozzy to date. And neither of them were in cities where I had ever used a ccomputer, let alone the Net.

We live in strange times...?
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Who remembers Wiglaf's "hacking" ?

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
          Under the "if one person wants to make it public they can" rule, I could publish Ming's home address and phone number I'm pretty sure that Ming's been misquoted here
          They weren't quoting me. I have always supported the company line that you can not post private communications on Apolyton unless both parties agree.
          That has been a rule that MarkG has been pretty consistent on. Don't publish PM's unless the other person agrees... pretty clear to me
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Oh.

That actually makes my life a little easier.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
              A couple of times other Kiwis have claimed that they have been default logged in as me when going onto Poly - Sn00py and Frozzy to date. And neither of them were in cities where I had ever used a ccomputer, let alone the Net.
              That's odd.

The computer uses cookies to "remember" identities, so that seems to be quite implausible to happen.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
              X