Suggestion for Improved Navigation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for Improved Navigation

I often use the “Apolyton CS Forums > Miscellaneous > Apolyton/Community > Suggestion for Improved Navigation” links at the top of each page to get around the forums. It would be nice if they appeared at the bottom of every page as well so that when you have read to the bottom of a page you do not have to scroll all the way back to the top to navigate away…
    ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·
    "Evil reptilian kitten-eater from another planet."
    Call to Power 2 Source Code Project 2005.06.28 Apolyton Edition

Yeah, that drop-down menu is a real buzzkill.
    ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
    ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

I use the HOME key to take me back to top of the page.
      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
        Yeah, that drop-down menu is a real buzzkill.
        I find it really useful. CFC really annoys me by having it not defaulting to the forum you're in.
        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Maybe you should start a thread at CFC about that
          -

I think there's enough links as it is to be honest.
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I love the drop-down menu at the end, I use it all the time.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

It could feasably fit on the right, just above or below the forum jump box. But there really is enough links down at the bottom of the page...
              Play hangman.

Comment

The drop down feature at the bottom of the page is the way I usually navigate the site.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Maquiladora
                  I use the HOME key to take me back to top of the page.

I still like my suggestion though
                  ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

I think that it would be redundant. The drop down and the links are both easily accessable.
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I'm on 56k, I have reason to complain about more links
                      Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                      CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                      One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Why would one extra line make the page load slower?
                        Attached Files
                        ·Circuit·Boi·wannabe·

Comment

Nah, I feel it duplicates (somewhat) the function of the drop-down box.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Atari forums bad example. They run much slower than 'poly

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

There should be a link on the Apolyton home page that takes you directly to the OT. Instead of having to go to Forums, than scroll down, than click on the OT...
                              Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X