Idea for PM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea for PM's

Since the popup-box when recieving PM's doesn't always work, would it be possible to add a small number to the pm link, which shows how many unread pm's you've got?

Now the link just shows up like this:

Private Messaging

But changing it to:

Private Messaging (4)

...when having e.g. 4 unread msgs, would make it easier

Oh, and it would be nice to have a link to pm's on all pages:
    This is how the links at the top looks like now:
    control panel | search | faq | new posts | my threads | upload | members | get password

But adding this to the end:
    control panel | search | faq | new posts | my threads | upload | members | get password | Private Messaging

...would make it much easier to see if there's new msgs or not...

What do you think?
    This space is empty... or is it?

which pm link are referring to? on the forum jump?
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I'm refering to the pm link when going into the control panel

Comment

I concur with the second suggestion wholeheartedly, if it is possible to implement. The first I don't understand. If you get the popup and go to your PMs you'll see if you missed an earlier one since it will have a red envelope.

Comment

I would love to be able to get straight to the PMs page without needing the little popup first and without having to go through the control panel too. This would save server resources due to less pages gone through.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            The first I don't understand. If you get the popup and go to your PMs you'll see if you missed an earlier one since it will have a red envelope.
            The problem is, it's not always it pops up... sometimes I go to the pm's (after sending a pm) and finds an unopened pm, and asks myself why I wasn't notified about it...

Comment

Ah I see the number is shown at all times, so you can see if you have missed one. I thought you meant a number with the popup.

Comment

Yep, it's the number of unread pm's shown in the text with the link to the pm box

Comment

I would love to be able to get straight to the PMs page without needing the little popup first and without having to go through the control panel too. This would save server resources due to less pages gone through
                  Use the "forum jump" box

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Wow how long has that been there?

Comment

Dunno, as long as I can remember. I used to think it was the ONLY way...

*shrugs*

-Jam
                      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I seem to recall the "forum jump" option being available during the last two centuries.

Monk
                        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Re: Idea for PM's

Originally posted by ADG
                          Since the popup-box when recieving PM's doesn't always work, would it be possible to add a small number to the pm link, which shows how many unread pm's you've got?

Now the link just shows up like this:

Private Messaging

But changing it to:

Private Messaging (4)

...when having e.g. 4 unread msgs, would make it easier

Oh, and it would be nice to have a link to pm's on all pages:
                          This is how the links at the top looks like now:
                          control panel | search | faq | new posts | my threads | upload | members | get password

But adding this to the end:
                          control panel | search | faq | new posts | my threads | upload | members | get password | Private Messaging

...would make it much easier to see if there's new msgs or not...

What do you think?
                          looks like a good idea to me
                          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                            Use the "forum jump" box

-Jam
                            Wow! I never knew that. I guess I should check out the top half of the forums occasionally, they do prove useful. At least, the forum jump links near them do.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I've never seen it in the forum jump either... but of course I also only 'travel' to the 'lower' part of the forum-jump section

Comment

Working...
                              X