Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton free service to be shut down!

Just got a PM from the mods.

----------------------------
    Dear Member,

We regret to inform you that high operating costs have forced us to end free registration at Apolyton.

You will have the option of upgrading to a Apolyton Plus account prior to June 1, 2004, after which your account will be deleted.

Thank you,

The Management
    ----------------------------
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

You're a bit late for this in some timezones.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

What's happens to people who post PM's ?

(even if they aren't real)
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Others laugh at with them.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Just got a PM from the admins:

Dear Member,

We regret to inform you that people who try to post dumb April Fool jokes and who impersonate the staff of this site are to be hounded out of town forthwith. Be aware of this before you post this in the Community Forum.

Thank You,

-Jam
          (edited for authenticity: I wasn't sure whether it was - Jam or
          -Jam)
          Last edited by duke o' york; April 1, 2004, 08:31.

Comment

Cool, I'm a admin

Well, at least in the mind of Duckie, and that's where it counts, eh?

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

The problem with Poly April Fool's is that they end up becoming reality.

(OK, only 1 cite but why should that stop hyperbole)
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Well, I really dislike this April Fool, because some people are really scared that 'Poly will stop being free in the future, and they'll believe the opening post

Of course, this fear ignores that, out of roughly 50,000 members, less than 150 have expressed their interest in paying. And that these people will likely leave 'Poly if the numbers dwindle so dramatically, simply because there will be almost nobody else to discuss with.
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

People won't go because they haven't paid. We've been visiting for ages with adverts so those who don't want to support our love of 'poly can continue to do so, but we'll have bigger avatars and no ads, and fancy badges, and etc.

The place won't change, and people shouldn't be driven away just because the site has some members. They can either become members themselves, or just leave and good riddance to them if they're going to be like that. I mean, if you join 'poly and then leave because you've been flamed to within an inch of well done in OT then fine, but if you think that it's a closed shop then that's daft.
                  Welcome to 'poly! Give us your money! Or not! It's entirely your choice!

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
                    I mean, if you join 'poly and then leave because you've been flamed to within an inch of well done in OT then fine
                    Are you too thinking of this gem? (opening post quoted by Immortal Wombat)
                    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Hehe not too subtle but it raised a small smile.

Comment

Dear Member,

This is just a daily reminder to worship the Lord God Putin every day!

Thanks,
                        Ming
                        Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                        Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

How much for some ribs?!

What can I get for $1?
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

Do you have change for a $100?
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Good Lord! How 'bout you pour some in my mouth for 25 cent!?

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X