Batch sending private messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch sending private messages?

Is it possible to send the same private message to a number of ACSers on a mailing list?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

If they are in your buddy list.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Use the "PM to buddies" button in the Private Messaging tab of the control panel. Hooray!
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You can't be selective doing that though, can you?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

It reproduces your buddy list with a checkbox next to each name, so you can pick and choose who gets your message. Apparently you can only send it to 5 people at a time though. "Select Buddies (Max:5)"

Comment

only one list all buddies !!!
            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              It reproduces your buddy list with a checkbox next to each name, so you can pick and choose who gets your message. Apparently you can only send it to 5 people at a time though. "Select Buddies (Max:5)"
              I thought there was a limit, but I didn't have the requisite number of buddies to test the feature's limit.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Thats what the heading at the top says. I haven't really tried it out though.

You have selected too many recipients for your message (6). The maximum number is 5.

Ok, it does enforce this. Might be something for subscribers to get as a benefit - although to be honest this has never been an issue for me yet.

Comment

It's usefull in demo game and such.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Yeah I think civgroup private forum moderators having the ability to PM everyone in their civgroup would be a great addition!
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Thanks Skanky.
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

abiltiy to pm people with a group pm would be invalauble for many of the forums. pbem, demo games, other games forums etc...

would be good to see it done, so we can do more than 5 ...

Comment

That explains why I'm on UR's buddy list suddenly.

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

hmm i never checked to see whise buddy list i on .. i wonder who loves me ????

Comment

I wish someone had told me this before the Footie forum game.

Comment

Working...
                              X