Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylight Saving Time

It's that time of the year again.

Is the Apolyton clock going to be centrally adjusted, or do we have to change it ourselves in our profiles?

I've already changed mine in my profile. Woohooo, an extra hour of sleep!
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

change it back
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
        I've already changed mine in my profile. Woohooo, an extra hour of sleep!
        Lucky Aussies...

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          change it back
          Is it changing automatically this time around?

Edit: yes.

Comment

Is it changing automatically this time around?
            nope
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              change it back

Actually I had to go to a timezone on the other side of Eastern Standard Time. I'm on +9 now rather than +11 GMT.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Actually you are now on +9 BST (British Summer Time) which itself is GMT+1

[/pedant]

-Jam
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Was that to me, Jam?
                  I'm on +9 GMT, which is the timezone "used" by Tokyo, Seoul, etc, at least according to the description.

Oh, I get you now. So my timezone really is correct - +10 GMT, but due to Poly going into daylight saving and us just finishing daylight saving, I'll never actually use that setting. My head hurts.

Comment

I never adjusted my time. Let me check if it is correct.

test...

nope, I never changed it last fall. It still shows 18:36 (the time is actually 17:36).

So no adjustment needed.

When is daylight savings time? It's not today is it?

Comment

When is daylight savings time? It's not today is it?
                      I don't think so...my computer hasn't said anything about it, nor has the newspaper or anyone I know...

Comment

damn al lthe confusion. should be like queensleand stuff daylight savings !!!!
                        GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

America will go to Daylight Savings next Sunday.
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

What a backward country

Yes Skanky, that was for you They don't have GMT in the GMT area at the moment, its just called that way.

Nice to see Summer is here though

-Jam
                            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

ban daylight savings,,,,
                              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                              X