Why the Logouts??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the Logouts??

Just took a break and when I came back I was logged out; so, not fixed.

Must be a cookie thing, right?? But, I allow site cookies; and, if it was something on my end, logouts would occur all the time, right??

"I have a bad feeling about this."

I can imagine problems with "your" not recognizing my subscription when that time comes. I would really like to solve this.

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

It happens intermittently.........I don't think it's anything to worry about unless you can't log back in.

Comment

Yep it happens from time to time, cookies get old and moldy you know
      Don´t worry the server will send you more.
      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

I love my cookies!
        Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Opera has yet to log me out of Poly.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hmm... I've been logged on continuously on one computer for nearly 2 years... never had this problem... on my home I've been logged on I think this time for about 4-6 months... once I was at the 1 1/2 year marker, but then I cleared all my cookies
            -->Visit CGN!
            -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

some times mysql hiccups and kills your session
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                Opera has yet to log me out of Poly.
                Neither Opera nor IE (on XP) has logged me out, ever. IE on ME used to.

Comment

Are you using IE? There are cases where corrupted files in the IE cache screw thing up.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    some times mysql hiccups and kills your session
                    Thanks for the info, though I don't know what mysql is/does. I guess I can live with this as long as I can easily log back in. I just wish for perfection, or at least, smooth sailing.

Thanks, all. FWIW, I am using NS 7.1 on XP-home.

Mark, if there is nothing to be done, you probably should lock this down.

Monk
                    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

I haven't had this problem recently. If you recall, I made a thread on this a few weeks ago.

It works fine for me now.

Comment

Yeah, the last one I saw was a fortnight or so ago. It's only ever happened a handful of times, usually when others are mentioning it. I also use Opera.

Comment

I don't think it has happened ever since I started using FireFox.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                          X