No announcement yet.

Apolyton Hall of Fame: March 2004

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Spikie, for what it is worth.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

DC, not sure if you noted this already (as I pointed it out in another thread) but I think the math on Solo's total is wrong (34 + 42 = 76 not 66).

Thanks for doing this, and if you are looking for opinions, I think 3 times a year works well, every four months or so. Not sure i understand why more people are inducted in December though, even with a longer voting period, wouldn't it still make sense to have 3 per election?

/me offers his unneeded and unasked for two cents worth
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Thank you for your advice Sparrowhawk.

I'll see about correcting that error in time for next election.

I think I might end up condensing the elections into 2 a year, however... but December's higher packed becasue in the original december, 12 were elected! It's tradition!
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by Ming

Yes... congrats to the new members. And as rah points out, two old time Civ II'ers who very seldom post in the OTF were elected...
          It's good to see the proper players voted in, as the games are the main reason we came here first and what built the site.

Still block voting and four votes for old-timers can't hurt either.

Oh, I vote quarterly for the elections because they are so inclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
            I think I might end up condensing the elections into 2 a year, however... but December's higher packed becasue in the original december, 12 were elected! It's tradition!
            And now it makes it easier for the riff raff to sneak in, like me.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Congrats to the new HOFers -- especially nice to see people I voted for (2!!) get inducted.

Great job, DarkCloud.
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Hm... well it seems that slightly more people are up for doing one every three/four months... hmm... maybe I hsould have a vote- and maybe not... because I do understand that the quality of electees might go down if say 9 people were elected in one bout... 6 should be the limit at one time... and 4 would be best... hmm...
                -->Visit CGN!
                -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

DC, don't care too much about what people say. It's tough to satisfy people's needs when they themselves don't even know what they want.
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I guess that's true!
                    -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Gah. So close. If I don't get in before Fezzy, I will be most narked.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by DarkCloud
                        because I do understand that the quality of electees might go down
                        Could it possibly fall any lower?
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

...Don't flatter yourself Laz

We can still sink a lot lower than you
                          -->Visit CGN!

Comment

only prob with the voting is that includes the OT !!!!!!
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                            X