This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Hall of fame thread here?

How come? I noticed the Civ3 one earlier and thought DC was still organising. But there are threads in various on topic forums and the off topic forum. Surely this forum should get one (it is the community forum after all), and maybe even Other Games since it is quite active at present.

You can vote in anyone of them, so it is not really a big deal, is it?

Comment

Well some think it is a big deal... and that it skews voting toward certain areas of the community.. like Civ 3
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Well after your choice words last time (hint - one of them was quite unpleasant ) I see Civ2 got a thread straight off. Obviously it's best not to favour one forum over another anyway, but this is the community forum. It should appear here first!

Comment

Well, not many Civ 3 players have been voted in yet, have they?
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Is that an argument for posting it there and not here?

Comment

I'm not providing arguments for not posting here . But it should also be noted that the majority of people who visit this forum also frequent the OTF, while many hardcore Civ 3 players would be very likely to miss the HoF altogether if it wasn't posted in the Civ 3 section.

Comment

I doubt there is anyone who posts exclusively in the Community. If they did then they don't really warrant being voted for.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Solver is absolutely correct. Most of the "hardcore" Civ3 players probably do not visit either the OTF or this forum. He is also correct to point out that exceedingly few Civ3 players have been added to the Hall of Fame.
                  Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                  Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                  7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Hehe Arnelos it seems though that DG people know about HoF . Trip was inducted, after all, as well.

While I may be somewhat of a DG skeptic, I have to admit that the DG game presidents and originators are often better known than Civ3 players. Although I have been reading the Civ 3 strategy forum regularly since the game came out, so I believe I know quite some players.... many of whom deserve their place in the HoF for the outstanding insight they provide about the game.

Comment

At least this way, all of us in the OT don't get +1s for our votes...
                      ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Well Dr. Spike- no one (maybe 1 person) voted in here last time I stuck it in the community section, and as Arnelos and Big Crunch noted, very few people view the community section alone

Also, as to why posting in the civ III section in both the Civ III general and Civ III Democracy Game section- the civ III community is larger and more scattered than the Civ II community- one thread suits the Civ II community, two are needed for the Civ III one.

(although as a side note- I'm adding another section to the Civ III stories community today... in addition to one in the Other Games that I just opened [as planned- I ran out of time yesterday] and one in CTP I [against my better judgement, but since I put one in Civ II and Civ III...])

And as for this being slanted to Civ III... just ask yourself- who has been registered longer? Civ IIIers or Civ IIers? The amount of votes for people registered pre 2001 really helps the older posters get elected.

In fact, posters such as Arnelos, Dominae, Catt, Alexman, etc. have consistently mounted offenses that would have gotten them elected had everyone's vote counted for the same amount.

However, due to the very fair voting points system, there really is no worry about the Civ IIIers being at an advantage- because although there are more of them, their votes are worth less

And also, to back up Solver's statement about there not being many Civ IIIers in the hall- out of 57 members, I can list...

December 2003 Ixnay
                        December 2003 notyoueither
                        May 2003 Trip

*That's not too many people for a 2-3 year old game
                        So I don't really see the harm in these Civ III threads and I don't really think that they skew data that much

*Most of the people in the hall are either Civ IIers or OTers

And, if I must *sigh* I will post it here. (No matter what else it does, it'll help my post count ... so I suppose it can't all be bad )
                        -->Visit CGN!
                        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Re: No Hall of fame thread here?

Originally posted by Doc
                          How come? I noticed the Civ3 one earlier and thought DC was still organising. But there are threads in various on topic forums and the off topic forum. Surely this forum should get one (it is the community forum after all), and maybe even Other Games since it is quite active at present.

Tis here now:

"I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                            I doubt there is anyone who posts exclusively in the Community. If they did then they don't really warrant being voted for.
                            Did you just say DanQ doesn't belong in the HoF?
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: No Hall of fame thread here?

edit: DP
                              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Working...
                              X