Dungeon Siege Ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungeon Siege Ad

Okay, I decided to try surfing with javascript on, since I've selected the mode with the banner ads, and it's only fair.

I've been hit with a borderless (flash?) Dungeon Siege Ad about five times in the past six hours; it appears in the middle of screen and stays there, regardless of scrolling.

Do you know about this, or is this an old complaint?
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

old complaint

that doesn't bother me as much as the pop-ups. Mainly because the pop-ups were broken. I was getting one pop up every time I clicked anything. That was unacceptable. At least this add is fairly infrequent. If pop-ups were that infrequent, I would go back to them.

Comment

Pop ups can be circumvented with a quick click anywhere except on the pop-up, to bring the page you're reading back to the front - no more than a split second.

This piece of crapola sticks, takes it own good time getting off whatever you are trying to read, and the close button is off to one side and hard to see, so I never get at it quickly.

Unacceptable!

Comment

IT JUST DID IT AGAIN!!!

Top banner was...damn, it changed, it was adclick or something like that. edit: looking again, I think it's te same ad, and it's 1up.

Bottom banner was ID=190.

Comment

Yeah, and how old is that game? A year?
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

GamesAndSoftwaredotcom banner, with 1updotcom links.

Comment

It is very annoying. I think the ad is for a recent expansion.

Comment

The Mad Monk,

1. At least it's nowhere nearly as frequent as the pop-up ads used to be on this site.

2. You can close the ad from a big "X" in the upper right corner of the ad whenever it pops up. Given how frequently that particular ad pops up, you should have the location of the X memorized by now. For this reason, I honestly don't find this type of ad all that annoying... at least it's not a pop-up window that causes ANOTHER pop-up window if you close it. You click the X and the thing actually goes away!

As for ad-free service... let's just hope that the owners get moving on that.
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

it's a very rare ad (we show around 400 each day, compare it with our 60k daily pageviews) and should end(unless an expansion is decided) on March 22
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I always wondered how it is distributed anyway. I have never seen it before? (And no I don't use any blocker).

Does it depend on your style in use?

Comment

Originally posted by Gilgamensch
                      Does it depend on your style in use?
                      Probably on your location (i.e. if you're from US or not).
                      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

So you mean, it is only those americans being tortured with ads? (wasn't it them inventing it )

Sounds good for me !!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE Dan, Mark keep it this way

Comment

yes, the specific ad is US-targeted
                          Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                          Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                          giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Umm, let's review. One of you is from Greece and the other Canada....

Suddenly, all becomes clear about popups.

Monk
                            so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Monk,

You just started to realise it now ?

They are taking their revenge

Comment

Working...
                              X