Problem when viewing files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doc

I guess so should you since I most definitely did not say or imply that.

Originally posted by Gramphos

Do you use any adblocking software?
    Originally posted by obstructor
    No.

Anyway this is a bump. I still see there is still no solution
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Still no solution to this problem. Does anyone know what is it causing it?
      The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

Since several functions bonked all around the same time the new search feature came online, it looks like this an IT problem due to the many, varied hacks that have to work together to make this site work.

Something in this new hack doesn't play well with some of the previous hacks. Hopefully, the solution is coming soon.

This "problem/reality" is something to think about when the time comes to start the voluntary no-ads program.

Monk
        so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by obstructor
          No.

Here is the "invisible and unexisting" photo for example.

The nonexisting image you tried to show us earlier is truly nonexisting according to MarkG obstructor. Maybe we should try something that is in his list like this:
          Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Looks to me that it works.
            Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

AFAIK from what obstructor told laurentius and me when he first discovered the problem was that he could see the pictures he had already uploaded, but that he couldn't upload new ones. IIRC when he tried to upload the borg symbol, the supposed link to the picture was:

Notice the lack of his ID number, which appears before uploaded files under the new system. I then suggested him to try out the url with his ID number put in front of it, like this:

But as you can see in obstructor's second post in this thread, that doesn't work.
              Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
              Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

I wonder if he's confused about the old and new uploads. The old uploaded files will still be there, but not in the same place as the new uploaded files (thus he do not see his old files in the new file list). And the url will also be different.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Testing
                    https://url=http://apolyton.net/uplo...org-symbol.jpg

Hmmm not correct either. Not sure if I have the right link though.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                      I wonder if he's confused about the old and new uploads. The old uploaded files will still be there, but not in the same place as the new uploaded files (thus he do not see his old files in the new file list). And the url will also be different.

HongHu I know this. I am not incompetent. I have files stored both at new and old locations. But any new uploaded files after a certain date seem to be uploaded... into nothingess. This is just an example of it. It doesnt seem that my file is uploaded into my files but somewhere elsewhere. As you pointed out with one of my pics, it is stored in new uploaded files location but works. However the Borg symbol for example doesnt. Hopefully this will be fixed soon of 3D will suffer.

EDIT also the url scripting is different for new files, but it didnt seem to affect my files before.
                      Last edited by Illuminatus; March 12, 2004, 15:28.

Comment

Yea Poly seems to be having some problems with the new features. I don't have a problem in uploading and I have uploaded quite a few files. Just uploaded a couple files last night and they seem to work. But I'm still having problems with "my threads" and other people seemed to be fine with it. So this maybe the same problem.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Well I uploaded normally and suddenly it doesnt work. But My threads work perfectly. If we could only exchange our Poly problems...

Comment

Not sure that will help much.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

the new search system has nothing to do with uploads

for the uploads, it seems that a change must be made so that some cookies are not demanded...

next week...
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                                for the uploads, it seems that a change must be made so that some cookies are not demanded...
                                You got it Marcos. I don't understand it why it can't be made so that no cookies are needed. Welll I forgot for what junk I allow cookies from Apolyton, but when I am not logged in I see a lot of unread posts even if nothing should be indicated when I am not logged in, so I have to delete these junk cookies manually.

-Martin
                                Last edited by Martin Gühmann; March 12, 2004, 17:38.
                                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
                                X