No announcement yet.

Announcing: CIVGROUP NEWS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes, if you get an empty page (just the header, footer and the table on the right) then there are no pending news

so you have to submit one
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Just visit the civgroup news page, and I notice this tiny submit news link in the lower right. I think this link should be bigger and placed in a more prominent place.

-Martin
      Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

done

Comment

Markos: Is there a way to edit CivGroup news postings? I made the *slight* error of thinking the news was vB based because the submit news page was on the forums, and made a link in BB code.

Comment

you should see a moderate news link

Comment

We've updated our front page, more specifically the (internally called) "hot icons" part. In the place of the small banners leading to various features of the site(like the civ4 forum or the ctp2 history feature), you can now find text links to the latest CivGroup News and Directory entries.

We've also kept the previous links in an enhanced, for example giving more (text) links to the main Civ4 list effort threads.

Given the opportunity, we'd like to thank the people of the CTP2 Source Code Project, Spanish Civers, Civilization II Succession Games, DiploGames and Call To Power SuperLeague CivGroups who were the first to use the CivGroup News service.

Comment

Markos, is there something wrong with the 'my threads' feature?

I get this:

"
                Forum Message
                Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

"
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Am a bit puzzled here. I can see the link to 'Submit news'. For everyone's information, it is with the links to join/leave a civgroup or go to the private forum, so to find it, go to a page where civgroup icons appear at the top right. BUT, I can't find anyone with the asterisk next to the civgroup icon denoting them as Minister/news editor. Have these been allocated, and where EXACTLY do these asterisks appear - in the members list for each civgroup, on the post of that Minister in the forum they moderate the news for, or where? This could be useful for the FAQ too.

EDIT: I have found that, if you go to the civgroups news link at the top of the page you can see the civgroups you have the news moderator spellZ over there (if any). But I still haven't found where you can tell who has this ability for civgroups in general.
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Just that someone does have the ability to post news does not give them the star directly. Due to some limitations with the permission ystem I didn't want to mess with while making the upgrade the star is one flag and the ability to post news is another. And the star does not give any extra permission (and it's limits in the central code that would make that too mush work to miplement for the good of it)

The only indicaton you have see that someone has extra powers is if he has the star activated, but the powers might be there without the star. I think the starmakred users are seen in the memberlist of the group at least.
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I thought at first I had the ability to approve news for one or two CivGroups, but upon submitting and attempting to accept a news item for the Civ3 Demo game I found the standard 'you must log in to access this feature' screen. May I please be granted the ability to moderate news for this civgroup? After all, I will be sending this news to be place on the main Civ3 news page after one last decision to be made in the next day or two.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

yes, contact Gramphos to set you up

Comment

Working...
                        X