Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idea: How about selling custom titles to people?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idea: How about selling custom titles to people?

There's been discussion about turning this site into a subscription based site. I personally don't agree with that. I don't mind seeing ads. But I've thought of other ways that 'Poly can generate money to pay for itself. How about selling custom titles to people willing to pay?

Obviously, there would have to be standards... but perhaps someone could pay a price and then have the title reviewed by the owners or mods?

Just a suggestion... sorry if it has been brought up before.

So? What do we think about this?
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Personally, I think there is already too much attention on titles.

But that's not the main thing about this post. You misrepresent the issue. It has been stated and restated by the Owners that this would remain a free site. The subscription idea, if adopted, will be optional.

No ads would mean a cleaner, faster site. You wouldn't care to pay for that, but you would pay for a special title?? Just asking...

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

No ads would mean a cleaner, faster site. You wouldn't care to pay for that, but you would pay for a special title?? Just asking...
      I was under the assumption that the site would only be accessable to subscribers... plus, I wouldn't mind paying like $5-10 for some silly title.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I wouldn't mind paying all the money I've got on my unuseable PayPal account ($25) to get a custom title... I personally don't care if the ads goes or not... If I can pay them the money I've got on that account, I will... nomatter if the ads goes, or if I get a custom-title or not...
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

That's the problem with assumptions made w/o checking the facts, in this case, the thread. It could not be more clear. A close paraphrase said, 'if you don't choose to subscribe, you will not notice any difference.'

And the idea came from "we, the people."

Hope you get your title.

Monk
          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

...and what title would that be, Sava? Resident troll?

jon.
            ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
              I was under the assumption that the site would only be accessable to subscribers...
              Markos has already said that will not happen, as is not under consideration. It would be pay for removal of ads, plus possible extra features. I'm against pay for titles. IMHO, titles should be for staff and the few celebraties that come on here. Having them proliferated reduces the value, and seeing how many posts someone has like that is a nice idea, IMHO. As it says in the FAQ, it adds a Civ-like feel to the site
              Smile
              For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
              But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Discuss this in the ad free thread that was topped.
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X