The auto-logout issue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The auto-logout issue...

Um, hate to start another thread on this, but the other one was closed without a resolution due to spam and all the old threads on this are in the Archive.

This just happened to me again, in both Poly windows. Although not a huge concern it is a bit of a nuisance.

Can we have a mod give us an idea on this - whether it is a real bug or something unavoidable/too difficult to attempt to fix? We didn't get that by the time the other thread was close. If it makes a difference, there are currently 82 members and 112 guests on Poly - is that enough for the supposed 'server load' cause mentioned as a possibility by rah in an earlier thread?
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

I've been auto-logged out many times... usually once a week on average...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Back when I were using IE I used to get autologged out sometimes, but since I started to use Mozilla Firebird (now Firefox) I've never had any sush problems.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It's quite rare here. Ironically it happened this morning though.

Comment

Same as ADG.
          Using IE.
          The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

It never happens to me on IE.

I have to say that the worst browsers for Poly are AOL and Opera, in that order. Both log out all the time, and AOL doesn't let you vote in polls either.
            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Who in their right mind would even use AOL?
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

AOL
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

I use Opera and have not been logged out. Ever.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Well I use Opera and as I say it has happened to me a couple of times recently.

Comment

What version? I'm using 7.23 and it has not happened to me.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Since I switched to IE 6, I haven't had any problems with this.

ACK!
                        Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Skanky:

Maybe I should upgrade.

Still, I'm not sure it's the browser since it has only happened recently.

Comment

This almost never happens to me. If I'm in the middle of typing up a long post and I get distracted and come back to my computer 10-15 minutes later, then yes, I get logged off. Otherwise, not a problem.

I use IE, as it seems most others without a problem do.
                            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

The first thread was closed by MarkG because of spam. If this one gets closed for the same reason, I'm just going to restrict and PCR the offenders...
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X