X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I remember you

Where've you been, Ras?

Comment

Me? Here. I haven't been that frequently here, unlike previously. So my activity level has been shrinking quite a lot. I guess I have been occupied with other IRL issues more momentarily. Also not having actively played Civ games for a while, have caused me to drain out of new ideas or comments on the titles, so actual on-topic discussions haven't been my stuff for now.

But I'm not gone. Just a little bit more invisible. Like Kassiopeia and some other Finns.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
        i should note that posting and editing will also be faster as the big searchindex tables are not used any longer
        fantastic. And viewing a member's profile seems to be much faster now as well

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          I see there is still the 4-letter minimum though. Dammit.
          I think it should allow for certain 3 letter combinations to be searchable. Is it possible to just limit what is not searchable? Words like "and, the, but, ect" while leaving "Civ, PTW, C3C, 1.15"

How about string searches? Like: "We love the king day"

Comment

No, if it enables 3-letter words it has to enable every 3-letter word, unless someone goes through and manually lists all the words the search feature has to ignore.

How about string searches?

Probably using the "search for exact phrase:" section of the page.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

No, if it enables 3-letter words it has to enable every 3-letter word, unless someone goes through and manually lists all the words the search feature has to ignore.
              That's what I thought. It would be easy enough to go in and kill the search for common 3-letter words but leave the possibility to search for acronyms.

[/quote]
              Probably using the "search for exact phrase:" section of the page. [/QUOTE]

Yes...I was wondering if the 3-letter limitation also applied to the string function or not. I think it doesn't apply, but I'm just checking.

Comment

The restriction doesn't apply to the string function, apparently. I did a search for "14 factions" in the AC Gen forum which netted around 20 threads. I then did a search for "factions" in the same forum (still using the string search part) which netted 1300+ threads.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I sure like it a lot better.

Comment

Good work
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

The 4 letter min is a bit of a pain. I was trying to find threads on CIV3 MP LAN .............

The my threads search seems much faster now
                      We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                      If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                      Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I see there is still the 4-letter minimum though. Dammit.
                        I posted some ideas on how to get around this problem and how a 3-letter minimum might be implemented. These ideas seem to have gone unnoticed.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=107927

I do notice an improvement on the existing search function with the changes Mark has made. Thanks Mark.

Comment

Outstanding upgrade!!!
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

my threads search not working and searching for psots by me, resultsin only three posts ....
                            GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

That's because the new search feature only returns posts with content in them.

Comment

The search by name and my threads search doesnt work, but if you click on the 'find more posts by' icon it does work ?
                                We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                                If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                                Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
                                X