Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW Version of UPLOAD SERVICE

1) Feedback is needed!

2) The previous version will remain in place until the new one is proven fully working

3) As an... apology for the malfunction of the service the old files will remain in their location meaning that your total folder size will start from zero (the new version places the files in a different location that the old one)

new version has replaced the old one

old version (which now allows only viewing files) is here

http://apolyton.net/upload/indexold.php
    Last edited by MarkG; February 15, 2004, 04:20.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Re: NEW Version of UPLOAD SERVICE

Originally posted by MarkG
    3) As an... apology for the malfunction of the service the old files will remain in their location meaning that your total folder size will start from zero (the new version places the files in a different location that the old one)
    So what will happen when the old version goes offline, is the contend then moved to the new folder or how does it work?

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Read point 3. Ity will stay there, and tere will be no way for you to get rid of your files, so you better delete them now
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
        Read point 3. Ity will stay there, and tere will be no way for you to get rid of your files, so you better delete them now
        Well, obviously I missed something so Markos fixed the delete function for the old upload service. I must admit I did not follow the other threads about the topic, but I wonder why fixing the old version first and then testing a new one.

OK I just uploaded a 3.7 MB file. I have to notice two things:

When I want to download my file, I the file is called -CTP2_Playtest_2004.01.31.zip instead of CTP2_Playtest_2004.01.31.zip

And when I want to view my files then I just see on the View Files page just Total folder size and nothing else, so I can't even delete this file when the file is no longer needed.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Reporting that the new upload version works perfectly for me.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

and tere will be no way for you to get rid of your files, so you better delete them now
            that wont be an issue unless you want to save some of our disc space

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
              but I wonder why fixing the old version first and then testing a new one.
              the old one wasnt and could not be fixed for all users

OK I just uploaded a 3.7 MB file. I have to notice two things:

When I want to download my file, I the file is called -CTP2_Playtest_2004.01.31.zip instead of CTP2_Playtest_2004.01.31.zip
              you need to have cookies enabled (yet once again....)

Comment

The new upload thingy doesn't look any different. What did you change, Mark?

O, and I uploaded a test-file without any problems.

Comment

it worked fine for me
                  meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

What did you change, Mark?
                    for the user experience, nothing, except that it works for everyone (unlike the previous version )

one change is that now files are viewed through a script (see the url of the links in your View Files page)

i presume the "it works" findings, include deleting and viewing files?

Comment

No. But retested and indeed, viewing and deleting files also works.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Uploading files works fine for me.
                        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yay! I was just able to delete a file.

Comment

Testing...

Btw Markos, the "Total folder size" section when viewing your files doesn't actually specify exactly what it is measuring, ie: bytes or kilobytes or megabytes. Although most of us will be able to figure this one out, it should be included for completions sake.

Comment

Incidently, how do we display images kept in the upload area?

Comment

Working...
                              X