Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a lot of great features.

Comment

What "extras" could an upgrade bring that would risk losing (even temporarily) the list Gramphos just posted?
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Some different colour schemes would be good. I hate all the ones on here.
        Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
          forgot the upload feature
          You can't really count that one though.
          Considering it doesn't work.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

You can't really count that one though.
            Considering it doesn't work.
            Well, it isn't mush of a forum hack either. just the username part, and I think tha (if it had worked now) it still would work with VB3
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Which aspect(s) do you like?

It's faster for one (on the forums I've used it on). Has a very nice great look. Much easier Search function (a pop down box instead of a new page if you want). They have searches in specific threads (for the monster 400 post threads). And a lot of stuff has been combined or made into pop down bars for easy access. And my favorite: Active Viewers of THREADS.

What "extras" could an upgrade bring that would risk losing (even temporarily) the list Gramphos just posted?

Most of those are included, such as Quick Reply, mult choice polls, and attachments (IIRC).
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I quick reply.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Me too .

And I your avatar.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos [*]Dr Spike competion #1
                    This is a forum hack? What did I miss?
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                      Which aspect(s) do you like?

It's faster for one (on the forums I've used it on).
                      This other one I frequent has constant database troubles
                      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

And it just is cooler looking.. damn it .

Comment

And it just is cooler looking.. damn it .
                          It's a styles question, and all the old styles would have to beturned into VB3 format with an upgrade. (That's an enourmous ammount of work)

Comment

Most of those are included, such as Quick Reply, mult choice polls, and attachments (IIRC).
                            Well, I would guess that the mult choice polls and attachment (as files???) are incompatible withe the current hacks, since both of them have involved changes in the database structure. So even if VB3 has similar stuff it isn't sure that it will work the same in the backend. And what I think of VB3 is that it still uses the old attachments backedn sytem, but allows multiple attachments in the same post (IIRC) (But I've not seen a feature list since some time during VB3 alpha phase)

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

This is a forum hack? What did I miss?

Well spotted!
                              I missed that one.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                                It's a styles question, and all the old styles would have to beturned into VB3 format with an upgrade. (That's an enourmous ammount of work)
                                I think you can do it with CSS.
                                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                                X