VBulletin Version 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VBulletin Version 3?

A couple of other forums I frequent have updated their vBulletin boards to version 3, and I must say I like the change. Is there any hope that in the future Poly will be going that route?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

No.
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Imran,

Which aspect(s) do you like?
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

To put it differently, what is new?

IIRC Markos said he would make the change once it had proven itself. (This was some time ago though)
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

As far as I know markos sees no need to update, and also all the forum hacks in place makes it very hard to perform an upgrade to VB3. Eventually it will come, but probably not as long as markos isn't very active.
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

The forum hacks are what are keeping us from upgrading.
            It will be a difficult task getting all the hacks installed in the new version of VB3, if only because there are so many of them.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Some hacks wouldn't be compatible with this new version either.
              As long security isn't compromised, there's no need to upgrade.

Comment

Although new features need to be weighed against features lost.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Is there any list available to compare from?
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/features/index.html has a list of features available in VB3. Obviously, there is no list as such for Apolyton's hacks.

Comment

Your list only includes majur VB features, all already in VB2

Comment

Twas the only list I could find. Feel free to search for a more indepth one.

Comment

Personally, I don't see a problem with the way things work now. Upgrading for just upgradings sake doesn't necessarily make sense. The old adage of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" would seem to apply.
                          "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

I don't have time looking for feature lists. However, I did some remembering, trying to figure out what hacks are installed on Poly
                            • Attachments as files
                            • civgroups (the icon and forum permission part + memberlist action groupmembers)
                            • Country flags
                            • Directory User integration
                            • Dr Spike competion #1
                            • my threads
                            • archive in of database tables
                            • date/time format user option
                            • forum cache
                            • quick reply
                            • quick PM reply
                            • downlaod PMs
                            • Who am I a buddy of
                            • /me vBcode
                            • my notepad
                            • adjusted forum pages based on server load (avatars on/off and similar)
                            • multiple chooise polls
                            • IRC chat integration
                            • Today's Registrations: (I think)
                            • other internal code changes related to ads (go.php)
                            • some features of which I may not speak

Some of these things are featured in VB 3, but might need conversions from the current system to work correctly.

Conclustion: We will not see VB3 here until Markos has more time.

Comment

forgot the upload feature

Comment

Working...
                              X