Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what are civgroups?

Am Iin any? Are they clubs?

Sort like club. You can tell as they have icons that will show up under the avatar. I am not sure if all of them have icons, but most do for sure.

Comment

I always think of them as a badge that shows the part of apolyton that you consider you belong to.
      Or notches on the bedpost, for those that are that way inclined.

Comment

well, some are required to access private forums, like the PTWDG or ISDG or C3CISDG etc.

Comment

EDIT: So does this mean it is both a symbol of belonging and a member's pass?
          Last edited by flipside; January 15, 2004, 23:19.

Comment

I just see flags (but country flags.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside
              EDIT: So does this mean it is both a symbol of belonging and a member's pass?
              1. Symbol of belonging: Sure. I guess you can call it that.

2. A Member's pass: No. Joining a certain group doesn't automatically give one access to the private forum. The forum Moderator has to allow you access. However, not all civgroups have private forums.
              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Double post
                "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

you can say that again!

Comment

You can click on them on the page too, and it opens a list of members.

Comment

I understand now. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by TCO
                        I just see flags (but country flags.
                        Do you see all the icons next Wittlich. That is what they are, mines is for GS a part of a PTW demo game.

Comment

There are private forums now, requiring a special permission to enter?

Why does everything that humans get involved in have to end up in hierarchies, "we vs them", "elite vs mob" etc.?

A sad development indeed...

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by Wittlich
                            2. A Member's pass: No. Joining a certain group doesn't automatically give one access to the private forum. The forum Moderator has to allow you access. However, not all civgroups have private forums.
                            You won't get the symbol unil you are authorised either. (There once were a bug that made it so, which made some people have all symbols while they actuually weren't members in all the groups)
                            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex
                              There are private forums now, requiring a special permission to enter?

Why does everything that humans get involved in have to end up in hierarchies, "we vs them", "elite vs mob" etc.?

A sad development indeed...

Carolus
                              Well, for a MP democracy game it's good to be able to discuss things that are not in subject of beeing read by the oponents.
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Working...
                              X