Iraqi flag on Apolyton is incorrect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraqi flag on Apolyton is incorrect.

I just noticed, for the flag that people can put by their name, the Iraqi one is outdated. It still had the inscription on that Saddam added to it during the Great War. Since the fall of Saddam, it has been removed and Iraq has gone back to it's old flag.

All hotels in Tenerife. The best selection of Tenerife hotels with reviews and maps. Book in advance and save.
    "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

I'm not sure... but for some reason, I don't think this would be a very high priority on Mark's or Dan's list of things do

Also... wasn't there another thread on this topic back a while?
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I seem to remember this topic coming up previously. I think the requirement for it to change was a link from the cia world-book or similar showing the new flag.

But still, it isn't a priority.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

oh no, another topic about this issue...

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I noticed the American flag on Apolyton is incorrect. When did we get more than 13 colonies?
          Haven't been here for ages....

Comment

Re: Iraqi flag on Apolyton is incorrect.

If Markos doesn't change the Iraqi flag....

The terrorists win!
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

The CIA factbook still shows the old flag. Guess that its not their priority right now eithier.

three equal horizontal bands of red (top), white, and black with three green five-pointed stars in a horizontal line centered in the white band; the phrase ALLAHU AKBAR (God is Great) in green Arabic script - Allahu to the right of the middle star and Akbar to the left of the middle star - was added in January 1991 during the Persian Gulf crisis; similar to the flag of Syria which has two stars but no script and the flag of Yemen, which has a plain white band; also similar to the flag of Egypt which has a symbolic eagle centered in the white band
              The fact book says that it was last updated 18 December 2003
              "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

actually my requirement is the UN site, not CIA
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Alex
                  oh no, another topic about this issue...

/me thinks it's time for another DrSpike competition

*ducks*

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                    Hmmm, close.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I can't find member's flags on the UN site. Do you have a particular link you use?
                      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

Communist.
                        "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by PLATO

I can't find member's flags on the UN site. Do you have a particular link you use?
                          i started the other thread, and finally gave up. I also could not find members flags on the UN site.
                          "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Shogun Gunner
                            I noticed the American flag on Apolyton is incorrect. When did we get more than 13 colonies?
                            "i'll be deep deep deep in the cold cold cold ground before i recognize missorrauh!"
                            -Abraham Simpson
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Yes, lets change the Iraqi flag to some design the american imperial invaders made.

Comment

Working...
                              X