Logging out by itself

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logging out by itself

Well, it just happened to me one minute ago. I was browsing the Civ3-Help forum and had just posted a response in a thread when, suddenly, the thread was loaded (after the "thank you for posting" screen) and my post was there but I was logged out. It is not the first time it happens to me. I'm using Mozilla Firebird 0.7.

Someone is eating my cookies while I'm browsing...
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Only the first time this has happened to you?

It happens quite frequently with me. I believe it can be caused by server load issues.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: Logging out by itself

Originally posted by Alex
      It is not the first time it happens to me.
      "The older I grow the more I distrust the familiar doctrine that age brings wisdom."
      H. L. Mencken

Comment

Don't know how I missed that part. Sure you didn't add it after the fact?

Just another senior moment brought to you by our rapidly aging moderator.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

You're not old, you're the Master of Reason.

As for the logging out issue, I think that your explanation makes sense, and I'm relieved to know that I'm not the only one who suffers with this. I was starting to think that it was related to some obscure option deep inside one of the config files in Firebird...

Comment

This happens every so often to me.

Comment

Indeed, and it is annoying as hell.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I find it most irritating.
                Many times I log in to reply to something only to find that I have to log in again as soon as I try to submit it.

I have absolutely no idea how people like Vel (who types an awful lot more than I do) manage...

Comment

Ctrl-C + Ctrl-V?

Comment

Decent browsers (all I have tried that aren't IE) will keep your post so you can go back, log in in another window, and then post your large reply. Easier than using ctrl-c with every single post, or indeed even retyping every post where this occurs.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

if i have lots of things to post, then i usually write in a text editor (even something as simple as notepad) and then copy and paste.

Comment

Yeah, If it's long enough, I'll use a text editor, but I have also made it a habit to ctrl-C a any post more that a sentence or two before submitting it, even though me browser will still have it if I go back.
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                        X