This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplogamer Civ Group?

I am posting a request for a Diplogame civ group. Stick it under multiplaying I guess.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Note: my opinion is not made in an official capacity.

I don't think one is necessary. An MP game is an MP game. Diplo or not. Most of the diplo players also play in none diplo games. There are not that many CIVII MP players left that there needs to be a differenciation.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

For example with the democracy games there are civ groups for each game, and for each team within each game. As diplogames are a unique genre I just thought it'd be a nice thing to have. Plus hopefully at some point diplogames will branch out beyond civ2-mp, and the civ3, ctp, moo, and other folks will get into them. Maybe having a civ group would help publicize it better.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I also have no official capacity when it comes to those kind of decisions. And in some ways, I agree with rah.
        In others I don't. If you asked for a seperate forum, my response would be that I think regular MP and Diplo keep the current MP forum healthy and active, and that seperating them would be a bad thing. It would create two slower and not active enough forums.

On the other hand, your request is more simple... just setting up a new civ group so that Civ II Diplo gamers can add a new logo to their collections, and to be able to recogonize fellow diplo gamers. There might be a technical problem (out of my league here) with having two civgroups in the same forum... but if it was possible, a seperate civ group seems reasonable.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I have AC-PBEM and AC-DipGame civ groups. Don't see that Civ2 is any less popular than SMAC.

-Jam
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
            There might be a technical problem (out of my league here) with having two civgroups in the same forum... but if it was possible, a seperate civ group seems reasonable.
            I would guess it isn't a problem.
            Attached Files
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

as shown by Skanky's attachment, a diplo group is already in existance
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
              X