New "My Threads" Feature Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New "My Threads" Feature Idea

I was just thinking yesterday... and remembering some threads that I liked to watch, but I didn't want to post in and didn't want to receive emails from (yes I know about that feature) and I was wondering if... at some point, when apolyton maybe received 60K users Mark or Dan might be interested in adding a feature to MY THREADS that allows a user to click a button on a thread and add it to MY THREADS without having to post in it.

Perhaps this feature idea might decrease spam...

But if you're too busy and I know you're busy then don't feel rushed

Just wondering, does anyone else think this would be useful?
    -->Visit CGN!
    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

My, my, did you get something in your eye, DC, or is the Moderator's Right-Eye Syndrome contagious to all staff members?

Interesting idea about the my threads feature, but I'm afraid it might involve a major revamping of source code...

Besides, I don't know if anyone would want to watch a thread that they never post in, but it would certainly be useful to keep some of the older threads you want to keep in there. I currently use the Notepad to save the URL's of the threads I might want to reference at a (much) later date, like the Photoshop Challenge - movie posters and the Whoah! Optical Illusion time ones, for instance.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Hey I like this idea! I find it very useful not always I want to post in every thread I like, or sometimes I don't have anything to add, but I like to read what the others are discusting. Yeah, I use the lurker mod

Vovan, I don't see any image in the Photoshop Challenge thread
      >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

the idea is cool. i would like it to be implemented.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Being able to opt out of "My Threads" in a thread you've posted in would be nice too

Comment

Certainly has potential.
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Chilean President
              Vovan, I don't see any image in the Photoshop Challenge thread
              Guess it is time to remove the link from my notepad then. The images were all there, when I saved the link though, and they were pretty cool, too.
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

Then perhaps we should start another Photoshop Challenge
                >>> El cine se lee en dvdplay <<<

Comment

Nice idea for the lurkily minded.

Comment

A great idea...
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

great... I love photoshop challenge...

Question: How many people use the My Threads feature? I don't.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I don't usually, but whilst I was away over Christmas I had intermittent access with a lameass connection, and I found the feature very useful then.

Comment

Huh, I use it all the time, one the best features around IMHO.
                          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Me too, use it all the time.
                            I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Sava- I use My Threads- every day- it's how I navigate the forums

I post my replies, then Hit "Submit Reply (return to forum" and browse the new threads

It's quicker that way
                              -->Visit CGN!
                              -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Working...
                              X