search feature request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• search feature request

I know it would require a good deal of work on your part, but I'm wondering if we could have a more robust Search feature which would let us select precisely where in the forums we could look? As it stands now, I don't know of a way to search in the Archived forums section, but i would like to.

Thanks.
    B♭3

You can already search any of the individual archived forums. You can select archived forums to get only them... and if you search all forums, all archived forums are included.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Just select 'Archive' as 'Search Forum'

We could do with indexing the posts though, but I don't think that's ever gonna happen
      Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

ok, i feel pretty stupid now. all this time i've been searching using that dropdown menu and never even noticed that link up there.

^^; sorry!

on another note, were the babe threads deleted? there's a particular quote of a persons which i want to find, and i remember it being in one of those threads...
        B♭3

Comment

Well, since the vast majority of posts isn't indexed, searching for the contents of a thread has little use.

The best way to find older stuff is by looking for posts by people who posted in the thread you're looking for in (roughly) the time period you're looking for. I can imagine finding back a babe thread won't be easy...
          Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Searching in the archive is tricky........I've often ended up browsing through loads of threads until I find what I want.

Comment

Working...
            X