This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has someone been axed lately?

So, I came to 'Poly today, and looked at my Control Panel. And for the latest poster in the Civ3-Stories forum, it says there is one grdgrdgrd.... But, when I come into the forum itself, there is no trace of anyone by that name. So, I go back and click on the name to see the profile or something, and it says "The user has not registered for a profile..." or some such thing. So, this may be a stupid question, but: is this a glitch of some sort, or has someone named grdgrdgrd posted in the Civ3-Stories forum and then his account got deleted?
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Do you honestly think someone like "grdgrdgrd" would simply disappear my accident?

I can tell just from the name he's a DL. But not a very creative one
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

He posted the same thread in several different forums.

Comment

My DL alert sensor went into overdrive when I saw what he had done.

In all fairness, it has to be said that after he got deleted, he reregistered to apologize.

A polite DL

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Hehe perhaps the person that started the DL would make a thread about it.

Comment

Yeah, you could probably milk it for about 20 posts.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I can tell just from the name he's a DL

My DL alert sensor went into overdrive when I saw

person that started the DL

I guess I still have a lot to learn about the art of DLing... Wasn't really that obvious to me he was a DL. The first thing that crossed my mind was: a bug in the system. Anyways, thanks for enlightening me.
              Spore page

Comment

Anyone new person immediately posting the same thread in multiple forums is, 99.99999% of the time a DL.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                  Anyone new person immediately posting the same thread in multiple forums is, 99.99999% of the time a DL.
                  I didn't see him posting in multiple forums. I came after the account had been deleted. Hence my suspicion of a bug: the last poster in the forum doesn't really exist.
                  Spore page

Comment

not necessarily.

some newbies post in multiple forums all the time. Because they aren't familiar with how Apolyton is set up, and dont' know where to post their thread. I see this in other forums as well.

And some newbies are just *******s, but that doesn't make them dl's.

Comment

Originally posted by vovan

I didn't see him posting in multiple forums. I came after the account had been deleted. Hence my suspicion of a bug: the last poster in the forum doesn't really exist.
                      He did.

I should know; I replied in several of them

Comment

Originally posted by vovan

Sometimes, when a post is deleted, the referance to the post on the forum front page remains. I know this, since I once tried to access a post in the GalCiv forum, that MtG had made. I got an error and then in looked in the actual forum - it wasn't there. He must have regretted the post and then deleted it.

Asmodean
                        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Damn, I was hoping Ming had been fired.

*penitently kisses the hem of Ming's robes* 't was only a joke, m'lord!
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

It was probably Rimmer.
                            Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Don't bring that to this thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X