Reality And Mod Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reality And Mod Appreciation

Well it certainly has been rather interesting around here the lat few daws with all the mod changes. Seems like everybody got a chance to vent their opinion. Several things come to mind:

1.) It really doesn't matter if we like or dislike the choices. That's the reality. Dan and Mark obviously know what they are doing(hard to question people who have attracted nearly 50,000 members to their site). It is their call and they have made it. Case closed. That's the reality.

2.) The mods here have allowed us all to whine and gripe for days about an issue that we cannot change and that they probably couldn't eithier even if they wanted to (which my bet is they don't). They have taken the brunt of much unwarranted criticism and given smileys and reasoning.

3.) UR has his ideals...as most of us do. So what if you don't agree with them? Does this make him unfit to enforce the rules? I don't care what else you think about UR, but I can tell you from reading his post for a year that he is not stupid. I have not ever known him to be unfair. What quality does he lack to be a mod?

4.) All the mods put in a lot of time here and the growing membership makes it apparent that they do a good job of both maintaining control and making it a pleseant experience.

So....

MAYBE...JUST MAYBE...YOU COULD SAY SOMETHING NICE TO THEM IN THIS THREAD!!

There are plenty of other threads to gripe in so don't do it here.
    Last edited by PLATO; November 8, 2003, 20:51.
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Firstly , I would like to congratulate UR on his appointment . Secondly , I would like to thank the present mods for doing the excellent job of maintaining the forum's high quality standards . Thank you .

Comment

Sometimes I just can't tell the difference between sarcasm and buttlicking

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I think you've left yourself open for criticism with those points, PLATO. I'll exercise some self-restraint and let someone else dig into you.

Comment

He merely was stating his opinions. We are all entitled to them, yes?
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Can we please have pop-up ads back so that everyone can whine about something other than mods?

Comment

give me a minute....

these days it's easier to find an advertising network which serves gator ads from guns in an army camp....
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

"Reality And Mod Appreciation"

An incongruous title. I find little reality it being a moderator (at another site). It is quite sureal, like being in a David Lynch movie of a Kafka story.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I think Kafka goes under the name of Lazarus and the Gimp here , Lefty .

Comment

Mod complaints spammed much
                    Waterfall of whines and trolls
                    Ming close thread, ban all

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
                      I think Kafka goes under the name of Lazarus and the Gimp here , Lefty .
                      Then we should have david Lynch and Tim Burton do the film version of "Evil, Evil Finland".
                      Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                      Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                      "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                      From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

What an ungodly concept. Moderators exist to soak up abuse and petty tantrums over the most trivial of trivia. That's they're job. They are they to be moaned at. They are there to help you vent your frustrations and work that psychic constipation out of your system.

They're a sort of prostitute to the emotions, only cheaper.
                        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Hey, that's a cool definition, Laz.

Of course the choice was made, of course we wouldn't change anything (not that I wanted to change anything, I think UR is a good choice for a mod - at least from what I have seen so far). But we always want to have some fun, and there are few things in the world more entertaining than to pest some mods till they're angry.
                          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I've personally seen the near-insane amounts of time that Ming and Rah put into to modding. It really cuts into their Civ2 MP time family lives. We should all be thankful that Poly has such obsessive dedicated volunteers.
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I've said it before, and I'll say it again.

The person who deserves the most credit is Ming's wife, for putting up with the insane amounts of time he spends here on Poly

Asmodean
                              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
                              X