Dump the Spell Check button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dump the Spell Check button

The Post Reply and Post New Thread pages both carry a "Spell Check" button.

This botton does not work (which is fine), and has not worked for quite some time. When you click it, this message appears:

This site's subscription to SpellChecker.net has expired. The webmaster for this site can renew their subscription by visiting www.SpellChecker.net
    Why not either
    a) get rid of this non-functional button, or
    b) renew the subscription?

I know this is in the "minor annoyance" category, but with all the fine coding and attention to detail that I've come to appreciate at Poly, it seems really out of character...
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Never even used it, mabye I slhoud form time to tiem,...

If it costs money, I'd opt to get rid of it.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

is there a spell check button?
      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I have never used this feature, but that is not to say that others wont.

Let's hear from someone who have used this feature, before we make our recommendations to the admins

OTOH if it is too expensive, then by all means, just cancel this feature and remove the button.

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

I don't think its ever worked has it?

Comment

See my signature, the part about the spellchecker. It used to work untill about a year or so ago. I have an old thread in here some where about the cruel psycological toture which said inoperative button inflicts on me, and that it should be deleted, but my prayer was not answered.
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola
              See my signature, the part about the spellchecker. It used to work untill about a year or so ago. I have an old thread in here some where about the cruel psycological toture which said inoperative button inflicts on me, and that it should be deleted, but my prayer was not answered.
              My bruthah!!
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I wont be able to sleep now until the spellcheck button is removed.

Comment

One less button is less clutter, and maybe a tiny bit less bandwidth. I say delete the button
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yes, the button must be Baleeted! Er, Delteated!

Comment

Delete it. IIRC, it adds an extra tab in when going to "submit changes" when editing a post

Comment

Since I never use it, I actually like it.. Its almost like the saftey net under a professional tight-rope walker.. It provides a sense of security to a professional poster

(Just trying to play devils advocate)
                        ~I like eggs.~

Comment

I never used it anyway.
                          ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                          ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Me neither.
                            Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                            I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                            Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
                            X