Why the rash of moderator changes??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the rash of moderator changes??

Ming, your not going to...retire ...are you?
    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

I think it has to do with the rash of new posters. As population increase the need for police grows.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski
      I think it has to do with the rash of new posters. As population increase the need for police grows.

ACK!
      Well hopefully this is the case. I guess it could also have to do with the Mac Forum debacle and Dan and Mark just wanting more coverage. But it does lead one to wonder...
      "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

As I pointed out in Asher's "the world is conspiring against me/why was the silly moderator appointment given/woe is me/er, uh, I mean, I was joking, really, I mean it, seriously, no, I was" thread...

Perhaps Dan + Mark are meaning to make the moderation hierarchy simpler and easier. For example, oldwise:

Forums X and Y Moderator
        Forum X Moderator
        Forum Y Moderator
        Forum Q, X, and Y Moderator

Now it's:
        5|_|Þ3|2 1337 Moderator
        Super Moderator
        Assistant Moderator

(at least around the OT + A/C forums )
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Wouldn't a hierarchy imply a right of apeal from one level to another? Is that possible??

Comment

You can always appeal a mod's decision to the owners.

To the best of my knowledge, none have been overturned. Punishments are often reduced, but usually by the mod that issued them.

MtG is famous for just sweeping the deck clean, then sorting it out later.

I will reduce punishments if I'm convinced that the person understands what they did was wrong and will "try" not to do it again.

Rah likes to get people's attention when needed.

All the mods work in their own ways... we just try to be consistent.

With some offenses, they are left up to the owners.
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Maybe they're plugging a hole in time zones.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

So you are hanging around, right?

*PLATO notices that Ming did not answer the original question*

Comment

Maybe they're just reducing the workload for the existing mods.

Ming's wife has probably been in touch with MarkG

Asmodean
                  Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodean
                    Ming's wife has probably been in touch with MarkG

Now, let's leave gossip out of this.
                    “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                    "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Ming's wife and MarkG seen TOGETHER What will this mean for the moderation leadership for Apolyton?

More on Page 18!
                      Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                      Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Tuberski

ACK!
                        Not "police" so much as "Judge Dredd".
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I think some restructuring has been due since Mark, who was quite active, temporarily left to join the army.

Comment

It's just a simple spreading out of the time commitment.

Judge Dredd
                            I AM THE LAW.
                            I like it.
                            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

judge drahd... that's good.

but the fact is that Ming is old, almost senile and needs someone to help him in this moderation thing.

rah is not helping anymore, because he just all the time.

I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X