No announcement yet.

Why isn't [quote] the same as [q]?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm guessing when someone (re?)wrote the stuff that goes on when one clicks the "Reply with Quote" button, they forgot to add the automatic removal of the q tag. Either that, or the q tag was introduced after the code for removing the quote tags was written, and so someone forgot to update the code.

I've only seen the [q] tag on Apolyton, so I'd guess that it was added on by the owners here, to make it so that you didn't have to type out 'quote' every time you wanted to quote something.

Comment

Why can't it use the [q] tag by default, and let us change it to the [quote] if we don't want nesting? It's really annoying to change it manually.

Comment

I'm the person who originally asked for the q tag way back when, and IIRC all Markos did was copy the section of code that governs quote and change all the relevant occurances to q. However, all other code that relates to quoting still uses the q tag, for instance the "quote this post" button and the quote tag button in the posting interface thingy.
        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Working...
        X