Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: Apolyton Clock

The Apolyton Clock is wrong.

It does not take into account Daylight Savings Time, which is applied in most parts of the world.

This results in a lot of confusion about time zones, chat times, etc.

Suggestion to change this:

(edited for all the colour-haters)

1) Use GMT as standard. GMT does not change with daylight savings time.

Let every member choose his own time from a dropdown menu: GMT, GMT+1, GMT+2, ... (etc) --> without specifying locations.

or

2) Use London time as a standard. London time is GMT including daylight savings, meaning London is GMT in winter and GMT+1 in summer.

Then, let every member choose his time zone relative to London.

or

3) Automatically adjust the clock (and the GMT reference) with Daylight Savings. This is done for "Apolyton time" (whatever that is), but the display of the time zones is wrong: for example, during summer, it reads "GMT" instead of "GMT +1" for London.

I hope this bug can be fixed easily.
    Last edited by BigFurryMonster; October 6, 2003, 15:03.
    Greatest moments in cat:

Hmmm, why don't you go into your control panal and have it display whatever time you want.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

See number 3) in the post above (which I probably added after your reply). The GMT reference does not match my location's time zone at this moment.
      Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

I think there is a bug causing silly colours to appear in BFM's posts. I'd rather that was fixed.

Comment

I see it as yellow, and it's quite hard to read.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
            I see it as yellow, and it's quite hard to read.
            Quite. Though someone will inevitably post to say it looks ok in style x.

Comment

Why don't you use a color readable by all styles?
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I mean there are ways of using the [color={qcolor}]Quote Color[/color] Which should be no problem reading from any style. Or you can
                [color={secondaltcolor}]Invert colors[/color]

But you shouldn't use any fixed colors as they can look bad in other styles.

Comment

I love how people whine about things that they can easily fix by themselves in the current options settings...

And I really hate when they offer suggestions in almost impossible to read colors
                  Keep on Civin'
                  RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I love you all. Thank you for your kind and supportive words.

There. I fixed the colours. Now please consider my suggestions.

Ming -- I'm not trying to "whine". I'm trying to report a bug. One which cannot be fixed by the current options settings.
                    Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

I believe that chaning the system to be GMT based would probably be more work than it's worth. The problem is only when the timezone the server is in swhiches from DTS, but other timezones still are in DTS and vice versa, and it should not span over more than two months per year. I think Ii can live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
                        Ming -- I'm not trying to "whine". I'm trying to report a bug. One which cannot be fixed by the current options settings.
                        Uhhhh... you can set your personal time to reflect ANY time you wish. So what if you have to make a simple adjustment twice a year... And if you have to select a region you aren't in because of a one hour difference to make your local time correct... no big deal.

The owners put in a lot of time and effort on this site. That time should be spent on things that can't be fixed... unlike this, which anybody can fix for themselves with very little effort.

Now granted... many of the comments posted in this thread probably appear harsher than they were intended because you can't see all the smiles... winks.. and lol's...

Oh... and this is a wink
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Hmmm, this doesn't qualify for a bug since it's intentional. (a wink)
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Right now the farking clock is of no importance. Use your own clock. Gee, images go screwy and someone starts a campaign for a little issue like the system time. Please, some realistic ideas now.
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                              Right now the farking clock is of no importance. Use your own clock. Gee, images go screwy and someone starts a campaign for a little issue like the system time. Please, some realistic ideas now.
                              : b :: b : b :

Comment

Working...
                              X