Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it also work on Opera?

Comment

Opera also stop pop-ups. But tell me something: Why is it that I don't get any pop-ups in the standard mode I use, except when I click a link(when I use IE)? It seems like I'm quite alone experiencing that...
      Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
      I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
      Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I think that is how the standard mode is supposed to work. However, the modes are changing with the serverload, som sometimes the standard will not be standard...
        Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

it's "requested pop-ups" that can be accepted independently from automatic pop-ups

Comment

Originally posted by Ecthelion
            I have read it. The point is I didn't grasp it.
            Well, a joke explained is usually not funny any more, but okay...

C is a programming language. Now, unlike, say, Java, it doesn't provide a whole lot of built-in functionality. (Actually, let me rephrase it, being a lower-level language, it provides a different kind of functionality.) So, if you don't know what the heck you are doing, it is very easy to mess something up when programming in C, because it is built for speed and therefore does not provide any checks whatsoever when you read/write memory, interact with devices, etc. Thus, the saying in my sig states exactly that, but in slightly different terms.

Oh, and thanks, geeslaka! I think you are the first person other than those I interact with IRL that actually appreciated this.
            XBox Live: VovanSim
            xbox.com (login required)
            Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
            Spore page

Comment

alright then, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by vovansim

Well, a joke explained is usually not funny any more, but okay...

C is a programming language. Now, unlike, say, Java, it doesn't provide a whole lot of built-in functionality. (Actually, let me rephrase it, being a lower-level language, it provides a different kind of functionality.) So, if you don't know what the heck you are doing, it is very easy to mess something up when programming in C, because it is built for speed and therefore does not provide any checks whatsoever when you read/write memory, interact with devices, etc. Thus, the saying in my sig states exactly that, but in slightly different terms.
                from the little experience I've had with C++, it isn't much better than C. The professor was always making sure we used a specific class of string or matrices so we wouldn't crash the computers when we wrote code

Comment

I've used Opera and blocked unrequested popups for the past 7 months or so.

I could never go back. Using IE when I have to and getting popups is really, really annoying now.

Comment

But opera always diplays a banner. It's no good....
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

It's not that noticeable. Besides, you could always, horror of horrors, put your hand in your pocket to support the software you like, and remove the banners.

Comment

(or go with Moz, which has most of the same features for free)
                        cIV list: cheats
                        Now watch this drive!

Comment

banners don't bother me in the least, now with a fast connection

Comment

from the little experience I've had with C++, it isn't much better than C. The professor was always making sure we used a specific class of string or matrices so we wouldn't crash the computers when we wrote code

What were you programming on/with? I've had code that wouldn't compile, I've had code that would seg fault, but I have yet to crash my computer.
                            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                            XGalaga.

Comment

heh just came to visit from home, and yes.. mozilla solves the popups, at work it's IE... so well what's there to say except but I guess it's OK as there are over 40000 members now We would all make up a medium sized town together not only a village anymore ... so I guess popups do two things done 1 - somewhat limit the number of people willing to browse here, and earn some money from all those who are not bothered with them. I can see how they work for sure... perhaps MArkos or Dan should make a deal wit Intel for a special Apolyton popup -P4 runs Civ III faster than Athlon
                              Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
                              GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

Working...
                              X