Originally posted by Azazel
    The queen of the battlefield.

Maybe I'll go to combat anyway...
    Artillery = "King of Battle"
    Infantry = "Queen of Battle"
    Calvary = "Prince of Battle"
    Everyone Else = "Stays away from Battle."

Helpful Hint for the Artillery # 209:

When using an illumination round do NOT use a pd fuse. The white phosphorus does not effectively light up the sky if doesn't go off until it hits the ground.....

scribbled on the margin by GhengisFarb:
    Aug 8, 1998 - But it does make a really cool burning blob on the battlefield.........

Comment

i'll be named an officer of the greek army this friday and should have a small vacation....
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

So is training complete now, or still more to go?
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
          i'll be named an officer of the greek army this friday and should have a small vacation....
          Yeah, what they didn't mention was that the vacation is in Afghanistan.

Comment

i'll be going to a unit with different kind of artillery so new training, but in other "mode"

Comment

What rank will you recieve (not knowing the greek officer system )
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I'll bet my salary this month that he will become a second leutenant.

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

So they have one leutenant already?
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

what you join the Greek army and in less than a year end up being an officer???
                    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

I suspect this to be so in most army's, it has to do with college degree, note that he probably will not be a full officer but sort of a reserve (IE in time of war he will get 'promoted' to a full officer).
                      Well, IIRC that's how it it used to work here when we still had a conscription army.
                      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I'll have to check a dictionary to give you an exact title for my rank but it's (obviously) not something important

Comment

I might be wrong but perhaps its being promoted from being just a conscript to actually getting an enlisted rank? Like say conscript -> private?
                          A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Officer? Already? I thought you were just a conscript... Or did they send you to an officer course?
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

isn't all conscripts privates?

It's no use... I don't know the english ranks either.

Swedish conscript ranks are
                              Menig (private) (everyone)
                              Korpral
                              Furir
                              Sergant
                              Värnpliktig (concript) Fänrik

Where a conscript can reach all but Värnpliktig Fänrik during the time in the army. And than at demob one will advance one level...
                              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

In Israel men are conscripted for 3 years:

Turai ( Private)
                                Rav-Turai ( Corporal )
                                Samal (Sergeant)
                                Samal Rishon (1st Sergeant, or whatever).
                                Then, they're demobilized.

Oh and since I am destined to be either an academical officer, or a regular one, I'll better list those ranks as well.

There are two Academical officer ranks:
                                Professional Academical Officer
                                Senior Academical Officer.

But I want to become a "real" officer, so I'll probably end up climbing:
                                Junior Leutenant
                                Leutenant
                                Captain.
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X