Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That either says a lot about the competition or about it's competitors lives, hmmmm.... shall we agree on the latter
    -

ohh, ahum, and october the 23 for me
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I like to change my bet to October 31, the orgin of C3MT.
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
        I like to change my bet to October 31, the orgin of C3MT.
        Ok. Oct 27th is now free.

Comment

My original post has been edited to reflect the change

Comment

I take Oct 27, if the competition is open for n00bs

Comment

You sure you didn't already know this stuff statusperfect when you asked? Considering you are a King ...

Anyway, looks like Oct 25 is still open. Could be a nice birthday gift.
              Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I think I had the best explanation in layman's term too.

A and HP is no biggie, they are simply the level and how close you are to the next level.
                Defense is related to your average post per day and how many posts you have collected. You have a D of 99 if your ppd is higher than 5 (or 6 I don't remember). But the idea is that if you have a high average ppd and high post count then even if you don't post much for a period of time your ppd will still be high. That's your defense strength.

Movement rate is the most interesting measure. It relates to how good you are improving your average ppd. So if you have joined a long time with low ppd, you'll have a low movement rate. If you started to become very active again, well you'll see your movement rate increases even doubles but still you will not have a high M for a long time 'cause it is hard for you to increase your ppd. On the other hand if you are a newbie who joined not long ago and is very active, well you will have high ppd and high movement rate. (Ever seen one with 99 movement rate? I have seen it.)
                Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                  You sure you didn't already know this stuff statusperfect when you asked? Considering you are a King ...

Anyway, looks like Oct 25 is still open. Could be a nice birthday gift.
                  I've never cared about the Apolyton Community, I'm just in the Civ forums. Here are too many civ2 tight asses... Oooops! Did i just say that?

Comment

Originally posted by HongHu
                    I think I had the best explanation in layman's term too.

A and HP is no biggie, they are simply the level and how close you are to the next level.
                    Defense is related to your average post per day and how many posts you have collected. You have a D of 99 if your ppd is higher than 5 (or 6 I don't remember). But the idea is that if you have a high average ppd and high post count then even if you don't post much for a period of time your ppd will still be high. That's your defense strength.

Movement rate is the most interesting measure. It relates to how good you are improving your average ppd. So if you have joined a long time with low ppd, you'll have a low movement rate. If you started to become very active again, well you'll see your movement rate increases even doubles but still you will not have a high M for a long time 'cause it is hard for you to increase your ppd. On the other hand if you are a newbie who joined not long ago and is very active, well you will have high ppd and high movement rate. (Ever seen one with 99 movement rate? I have seen it.)
                    I think someone has a little bit toooooo much time on their hands. Time to get a job where they really work ya.

But thanks for the best and most concise explanation I've seen on this site yet!
                    Last edited by badams52; September 17, 2003, 15:10.
                    badams

Comment

Oh I have a job they really work me. I just do it very very effecient. Plus all those are the result of my long time research on this topic.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Some of the earlier post stats threads linked to have the definitive explanations from MarkG and others.

Comment

Yeah, Spikey. I've read those. They give a poor explanation, at best. And the FAQ is really no help. (Maybe because we wouldn't have these threads, if the FAQ gave a thorough explanation)

Asmodean
                          Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                            Some of the earlier post stats threads linked to have the definitive explanations from MarkG and others.
                            True, I read and understood their definition, it's just that the way HongHu put it, now I understand their application and how a person's posting style changes those numbers. A, D & F were easy to understand, it was the M which was fuzzy.

edited for clarity
                            Last edited by badams52; September 18, 2003, 01:00.
                            badams

Comment

Yes, the last year my movement has decreased from 99 to 20 due to that I don't post as often any more.

Comment

Gramphos: You list your location as Chalmers, Sweden.

Chalmers is a school in Gothenburg, right?

Asmodean
                                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
                                X