Unusual Banner Pop-Ups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Banner Pop-Ups

I just got the most unusual pop-up advert here at Apolyton.

I was posting well, posts and when I submitted my post, a pop-up advert occured - Of course, this is rather normal....

Until I realized that the "banner" stretched TOTALLY across my screen. So I said to myself "fine." I will just click on the header and drag it to the left (or right even) until I find the end of the window.... I could not find it! :shocked:

Now mind you, and Apolyton Admins especially, THIS BANNER WAS ON THE FOREFRONT OF MY SCREEN - I could not click on the Apolyton screen (which was now covered by this banner).

I finally got tired of the "game" and closed the offending window using the quick launch bar (right click, close).

Though what I found really interesting was that the Banner had no advetisements that I could see - it was just a blue banner....

Has anybody else experienced this yet? ... and if not, something tells me you soon will....

I'm sorry, but these advertisers are REALLY getting rude.

atawa mentioned something similar. There does seem to be a spate of problem ads lately.

Comment

I haven't seen this here. I have experience this once before (on a different web site) and not even alt f4 got rid of it.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yup. In fact I just got it as I clicked reply to this thread. This pop-up will download Gator, and install it if you click "YES" on the security warning.

The URL of the pop-up is here: http://z1.adserver.com/w/cp.x;rid=203;tid=2;ev=1;dt=3;ac=7;c=421;

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Ah, the joys of a built-in popup killer.
          And with the SMAC style, there isn't a banner at the top of the page.
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

Right-click on the start bar and hit close.

I think you are talking about the almost infinitely long ones.

Comment

These kinds of ads suck, ESPECIALLY when they want to download Gator too.

-Right click on its top bar and click "Close"
              -Right click on its Start Bar button and click "Close"
              -Click on its icon in the top bar and click "Close"

any of those will be dandy.
              meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Working...
              X