No announcement yet.

mark forum as read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wouldn't it be possible to manually rename the cookie?

Asmodean
    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Don't think that would help. I believe last login is kept on the Database side and once you've been timed out, your last login time is changed. No way to get back to the previous logout time and get back the "unread" threads you just lost.
      badams

Comment

If they're threads that you've previously posted in, there's always "My Threads".

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Sure, but it's not knowing what threads have new posts that matter to me, or what posts I've posted in, it's that little "go to first unread post" image that is available when the thread is unread that isn't available when the thread is read that I care about.

I use that link very often to quickly get to the latest post, in this case yours instead of clicking on the last page or the thread itself which takes me to the top of the page I requested which forces me to scroll down the thread and try and find where I left off.

It's not something that I can do anything about, nor is it something that has a solution at this time. It could, but I don't think my beef is big enough or has enough people in the same boat to warrant the need for said solution.
          badams

Comment

There does seem to be something wrong with the new threads feature. I mean I often see threads where I was the last poster but it's still marked as unread.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I get that all the time. When I have posted to a thread, it's marked red, instead of yellow.

Asmodean

Comment

Working...
              X