Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-mail Notifications

Are e-mail notifications working?

I'm subscribed to a couple of forums and I'm not receiving any e-mails.
    The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down on thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengence upon thee.

AFAIK you only get e-mails for new posts in subscribed threads. Fortunately you don't get an e-mail for every new post in a subscribed forum. AFAIK the only advantage of subscribing to a forum is that you can access it from Apolyton's main page, saving you one mouse click.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

They've just started to work.
      The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish, and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and goodwill, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down on thee with great vengence and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengence upon thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
        AFAIK the only advantage of subscribing to a forum is that you can access it from Apolyton's main page, saving you one mouse click.
        Just save the forum as a bookmark and go right to it and eliminate having to load the main page.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Maniac, the point of subscriptions is that you don't have to go hunting for the new posts, I just click on the link and I'm straight into the thread I'm subscribed to, to the post that appears in the e-mail. So I don't have to go through the main page.

Saves a lot of time remembering what threads I have posted in.

Comment

I experience intermittent cutouts with the email feature as well, as does Flameflash IIRC. It usually sorts itself out.

Comment

This time I didn't make this thread...

It seems to cut in and out, DrSpike is right. What is more interesting is that some forums you get better service from than others.

For instance: community forum sucks on e-mail notification generally, as does AC-DG and the one sub-forum I'm part of there.

CtP-Multiplayer is a very good one for keeping up-to-date for some reason. When I do have a problem, if that one and anything in the Mac section aren't being sent to me I know there's a real problem with the notification.
              I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash

It seems to cut in and out, DrSpike is right. What is more interesting is that some forums you get better service from than others.
                I have to say I have never experienced this. Either it works (for all forums) or it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
                  Saves a lot of time remembering what threads I have posted in.
                  You do know that all threads you've posted in, has a hole in the middle of the letter icon to the left of the name? That works good enough for me.
                  Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                  Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Originally posted by poolking
                    Maniac, the point of subscriptions is that you don't have to go hunting for the new posts, I just click on the link and I'm straight into the thread I'm subscribed to, to the post that appears in the e-mail. So I don't have to go through the main page.
                    Yeah I know that. You were talking about fora and not threads in your first post.
                    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai

You do know that all threads you've posted in, has a hole in the middle of the letter icon to the left of the name? That works good enough for me.
                      I am aware of that, I think its more efficient for me because I don't always have the time to trawl through loads of new posts, only things that really interest me.

Comment

I could make the case that anybody that comes here has time, or they wouldn't be here.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                          I could make the case that anybody that comes here has time, or they wouldn't be here.

Ok you got me there.

Comment

Working...
                          X