I can't see who posted the last post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't see who posted the last post

I'm using light ultra special but I can't see who posted the last post in each forum or thread. I can see all the other things like post day and time, etc. I tried to change to other style but it didn't help. What should I do to get the username show up too?
    Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

That's what the Light style is suppose to look like. Only Default shows the username of the most recent poster on the thread list.
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Which is why I changed back to default. Maybe it's silly to know who the last post came from, but I want to know .
      badams

Comment

Oh dumb me! I thought I have tried all styles but I haven't tried default.
        Be good, and if at first you don't succeed, perhaps failure will be back in fashion soon. -- teh Spamski

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

I wish there was a light style that allowed you to see who the last poster in a thread was.
          Light suits me excepting that one specific item. Alas.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I just check the postcount when I exit the thread after posting. Then, when I refresh the forum, if the postcount hasn't changed, I know there haven't been any new posts.
            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
            XGalaga.

Comment

Um, it's not about if there has/hasn't been a new post, it's knowing who the last poster to said thread/forum was. So even before I clicked on this thread, I knew geeslaka was the last to post in it.
              badams

Comment

Comrade Honghu is suffering from schizoaffective delusions
                Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Actually, for me it sometimes is about new posts.
                  I post in many, many different forums across Apolyton, I can't be expected to memorise the post-count of dozens of threads.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

That's what the little red envelope is for.

btw, My Threads displays the last poster even if you're in Light style.
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

That's what the little red envelope is for.

It would be even more useful if it worked properly.

Comment

If you use the "Submit Reply (return to forum)" button the envelope is red even though you have read all the posts.
                        American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
                        I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
                        Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
                        XGalaga.

Comment

It's true that the envelopes aren't always right. In addition to the red envelope thing I also tend to look at the time of last post. I generally have an idea about when I posted or read certain thread so I would know if there are anything new.

But I still would like to see who posted last because this will give me some indication about whether it is worth to get into the thread again or if it is 50% randomly displayed craziness.
                          /me looks at Comrade Tass.

Grapefruit Garden

Comment

Working...
                          X