'New Posts Invisible?'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'New Posts Invisible?'

Recently, I've been having a very odd problem. I can't see any of the new posts/threads in the Civ3-Democracy Game forum, but I know that new posts do exist. On the main forum page, the light bulb next to the Civ3- Democracy Game forum is lit up, and in the Last Post column it says 'August 18th, 2003 05:36 by BigFurryMonster' (or something along those lines,) but when I enter the forum, the last post was on August 15. And it has remained like that for several days, even though there are new posts.

Also, when I click on the arrow button next to the time of the last post in that forum on the main page, it says 'No Forum Specified.'

Oddly enough, this problem only occurs on the Civ3 Democracy Game forum, all of the other forums/fora (whichever one of those is correct ) work correctly.

I've tried everything I can think of to solve the problem, with no success so far. I've changed forum styles, checked through the forum control panel options, and deleted cached pages and made sure that it was always updating cached pages in my Internet Options. (I'm using IE 6, BTW.) So, does anyone know what the problem is here? And is anyone else experiencing the same problems?

An image below that I captured earlier highlights the problem (circles added my me.)
    Attached Files

Re: 'New Posts Invisible?'

Does the Civ3 Democracy Game have private forums?
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Yes, that is the problem. You see the last post time that is a post of a private forum. And when you try to go to that post, you find out that you have no access .
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Johnny,

you should see a new thread in the demo game forum now...
        badams

Comment

Yes, that's the problem.

I didn't realize the ISDG was in a sub-forum of the regular Civ3 Demo Game. I knew the problem was bound to be some silly thing I overlooked.

Oh well.

Comment

BY DECREE OF TASSADAR, THIS THREAD IS DECLARED ABANDONED
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

There are some posters for whom the introduction of invisible new posts would pay immediate dividends.

Comment

Yeah, but the mods are probably watching you after that post, Spikey.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                X