Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parse error when opening threads. (quickfix: change your style)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parse error when opening threads. (quickfix: change your style)

Whenever I try to open a thread, I get the following error:

Parse error: parse error, expecting `T_STRING' or `T_VARIABLE' or `T_NUM_STRING' in /home/apolyton/public_html/forums/showthread.php(724) : eval()'d code on line 17

For the rest, Apolyton works fine for me. The only way I can view a thread is when I'm logged out.
    Once I log in again, the problem persists.

I have the problem in both IE and Opera, so it's not a cookie problem or whatever.

In short: help!
    Last edited by Zopperoni; August 16, 2003, 22:19.

HongHu says she's having the same problems.

Comment

I'm having the same problem with both Konqueror and Mozilla. It only occurs when I am logged in. I got into this thread using this link.

If I try to get into a thread normaly, that error appears. If I modify the location to be similar to the link above, I get the replies page and can see the last 15 replies.
      American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
      I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
      Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
      XGalaga.

Comment

Change your style.

Comment

It worked. I wonder what caused the problem.
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

something has gone wrong in the ultra special styles. i'm searching for the error since last night...
            Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
            Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
            giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Good to see you spend you're (precious free) time at home well
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Cheers, Frozzy and Mark

Comment

fixed, although the layout of the top part of pages is not the old one....
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well, whatever is gone or changed, I don't miss it.
                    Thanks for fixing the problem so fast.
                    XGalaga.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Wow, that was prompt Mark. Can you ask the army to release you when things go wrong?

Comment

Glad to see 'Poly is back again. I was getting that error last night too, rather frustrating.

Good work, Markos.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Thanks for the quick fix Mark.

All the cool people use Ultra Special and yet the n00bs who use default do not suffer from this problem. Perhaps there is a moral there somewhere...
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

n00bs are better perhaps?
                              XGalaga.

Comment

Working...
                              X