move a thread to the right forum.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• move a thread to the right forum.

if I submit a thread in one forum and I then realise it is the wrong one, can I move it to the right one or I have to put an other post in it?

Thank you
    Omnia Mea Mecum Porto.

I believe the usual method of getting a thread moved is to ask the mods. Is there a specific thread that needs to be moved now?
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

Civ3 Editor Rivers

Yes. the thread below was posted on Civ3 General, but should maybe go in Civ3 Creation.

Thanks.

Civ3 Editor Rivers

I haven't understood precisely how to place rivers in a square.
      I noticed that if I click the south corner of a square, it gives me the river just in that square which would be great because I would not incur the slow down of travellers in other squares (up to Invention).
      However when I load the scenario to play, the rivers are simply not there.
      Is it a bag or a river cannot exist in one insulated square only?

Thank you.
      Omnia Mea Mecum Porto.

Comment

Post a link in your thread so a mod can find it easily.

Comment

Just PM a mod. (look at the top left of the forum who the mods are for that particular forum. )
          If that fails, look for Ming

And be sure to include a link into it, that's (basically) it
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

move thread

thanks to both
            Omnia Mea Mecum Porto.

Comment

This brings up a weird idea I had the other day. Panzer32 moved a thread from our Private Team forum into the main forum of the PTW Demogame.

He has Mod powerz in our team forum but NOT the PTW Demogame forum. So, while he was able to move in out of ours and into theirs he couldn't move it our of theirs and into ours.

IDEA: HotPotato thread. We start it in a forum and you try to post before the mod moves it. The minute a Mod sees the thread in their forum they have to bunt it to someone elses forum as quickly as possible. And so on.

Not NECESSARILY a good idea, but it gave me a chuckle when I first thought of it.

Anyway, based on how many post their were from a specific forum we'd get a good idea at who the quickest Mods were at checking things in their forums.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb
                IDEA: HotPotato thread. We start it in a forum and you try to post before the mod moves it. The minute a Mod sees the thread in their forum they have to bunt it to someone elses forum as quickly as possible. And so on.

Not NECESSARILY a good idea, but it gave me a chuckle when I first thought of it.
                I can guess what the response will be.

Tbh I think it would get tired quite quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

I can guess what the response will be.

Tbh I think it would get tired quite quickly.
                  I can imagine what the response would be too.

It wouldn't work unless the Mods were in on it though, if it ever happened I figured it would only last a day or so before one of the Mods got sick of it and sent the thread into oblivion.

Comment

And the game players with it...
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

In these days of server overload, the chance of this game becoming reality is like: ZZEERROO!!

Asmodean
                      Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Oh... and I did move the "thread" from the general to the creation forum. I left a redirect from the general forum...
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

And another thing...

Originally posted by DrSpike
                          Post a link in your thread so a mod can find it easily.
                          The good doctor is correct... the easier you make it, the more likely it will be taken care of quickly... so always provide a link when discussing a thread you need something done to
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Although shouldn't that be "post a link to your thread..."?
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Picky... Picky... Picky...

Just give us a damn link
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X