This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton hacked!!

Well at least it could be. In any case, I noticed something very weird this noon in this thread. I suggest you check out that thread!!! The weird thing I noticed this noon cannot be seen anymore, but the comics are great. (Shameless ACDG advertizing )

Anyway, to get to the point, I saw this:

There are quite a few odd things about the posts:

1> If we can believe the post date, they were made before Kody's post, but they appeared later.
    2> The local time of the posters is three minutes before the real time: 4:15 and 2:15 against 13:18 and 21:18.
    3> When I checked out the profiles of these two posters, it were those of Archaic and Comrade Tassadar.
    4> The "Luke Skywalker" nick doesn't appear on the members list. "Darth Vader" does, but that's a guy who only has one post and registered a few years back. I doubt he's got something to do with it.
    5> Now these two posts have disappeared. AFAIK the only ones who can delete posts are moderators. So (unless Ming for example would have meddled with Tassadar's profile in a drunken mood ) it's possible someone has hacked Poly.
    Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
    Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Well, that is weird!

If you don't have Photoshop, that is?
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

hi ,

well he is not the only one to have seen it , ......

but it might have been wiser to contact the mods or owners instead of making a thread out of it , .....

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Nikolai:

If you don't have Photoshop, that is?

Fortunately GeneralTacticus has seen it as well, so he can testify for me in case someone would want to send to the madhouse for hallucinating.

panag:

but it might have been wiser to contact the mods or owners instead of making a thread out of it , .....
        Oh. Well I figured that posting it in Community would be the best way of letting the mods know, as in my experience most of my PMs to the mods and owners are answered very late or not, due to the mods' extreme busy-ness I suppose.

Comment

I don't agree with panag. I agree with Maniac's arguments.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Really strange...
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Doing some reasearch Comrade Tassadar matches the profile of the Luke Skywalker (except for the civgroups which can easaly be rejoined)

Comment

And that of Dart Vader Archaic's. However I doubt Archaic has anything to do with it. He can get... rather heated in debates, but I doubt he's the person to do something silly like this.

Comment

Well, you should have checked the profiles once you had the chance. It's definately the profilestats of Archaic and Comrade Tassadar. You maybe should ask them about what they did in the said time.

Comment

But they'd both need a mod to change their names, and then to change them back again. I'd say either 'poly's been hacked, or a mod is having a joke.

-Jam
                    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

This is indeed very weird.
                      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Well, you should have checked the profiles once you had the chance.
                        How do you mean? I did check the profiles. It's point 3> of the odd things listed below the screenie. I also checked the profile numbers (such as 3088 for me) this noon. They matched.

You maybe should ask them about what they did in the said time.
                        I have sent them a PM asking to check out this thread. We'll see if they can shed some light.

Comment

I suspect Kody for being behind this. I just have to verify it first...
                          Last edited by Gramphos; August 11, 2003, 17:53.

Comment

Thanks for the info Gramphos
                            Last edited by Ming; August 11, 2003, 18:27.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                            X