Runtime-error while Broswing Apoly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runtime-error while Broswing Apoly

Am I the only one user that got an 'runtime-error in line3: An ')' was expected?

I got it from time to time while broswing Apoly forums.

I'm using Windows XP, with IE 6.0.2600.0000.xpclient
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Re: Runtime-error while Broswing Apoly

Originally posted by yaroslav
    Am I the only one user that got an 'runtime-error in line3: An ')' was expected?

I got it from time to time while broswing Apoly forums.

I'm using Windows XP, with IE 6.0.2600.0000.xpclient
    I'm running IE 6.x with XP as well (Home or Pro for you, just out of curiosity?).

When you say "time to time", how often would you say that this is so? Does hitting the 'Refresh'/'Reload' button usually resolve the problem?

----------
    Dan; Apolyton CS
    PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
    >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

That sounds like a JavaScript error. Just turn off the reporting.
      (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
      (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
      (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Re: Runtime-error while Broswing Apoly

Originally posted by DanQ

I'm running IE 6.x with XP as well (Home or Pro for you, just out of curiosity?).

When you say "time to time", how often would you say that this is so? Does hitting the 'Refresh'/'Reload' button usually resolve the problem?

----------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        I've Windows XP Pro. I would say that is not very often, but it happen one or two times each night I broswe Apoly. I don't need to push 'Refresh/Reload', because there is no real problem: after I press 'No' (meaning that I don't want to debug the error) the page load perfectly. The problem is hitting 'no' each time, it is not related to the way the page is displayed.

BTW, Urban Ranger words on JavaScript remembers me that I've installed Java SDK 1.4.1, that includes some consoles and tools for Java in Web Broswers (I think, because I only use Java as Application programming language, not as an 'applet' programming language [yes, I know, there is only a few differences ]). Could it be related to the error? (I know that JavaScript and Java doesn't have relation - but does Apoly use some Java Codes?)

Comment

I don't think Poly uses Java code. IIRC, that is
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
            That sounds like a JavaScript error. Just turn off the reporting.
            ""

----------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Thank you all you for your help

Comment

Working...
              X