X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing Thread! - In CIV3, PBEM Forum

Hi,
    I posted a thread titled "Newbie PBEM" in the CIVIII PBEM forum on Saturday. When I came to the forum on Monday morning, the thread was missing. It was an active thread as it had at least 5 replies. Was there a rash of thread deletions?

Please help.
    Thanks,
    Burly
    "These rocks, he thought, are here for me; waiting for the drill, the dynamite and my voice; waiting to be split, ripped, pounded, reborn; waiting for the shape my hands will give them". -Ayn Rand , The Fountainhead

Odd, it shows up when I view "My Threads". But it still doesn't show up in the forum. Hmm . . .
    "These rocks, he thought, are here for me; waiting for the drill, the dynamite and my voice; waiting to be split, ripped, pounded, reborn; waiting for the shape my hands will give them". -Ayn Rand , The Fountainhead

Comment

Well I added a reply to the thread after entering it through the "My Threads" link. It's there now, but that still doesn't explain where it went.

Comment

Thread on this a while ago. Forums with topped threads have a bug that means you 'lose' a thread between the first and second pages.

(Or, you could have not seen it on the first page, go to the second page, whence it was bumped to the first, and not seen it on the second.)
        meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

It fell into the "twilight zone" of the forum. Some threads like to live in the area between pages. Usually a new thread makes it visible again, or as you did, you posted to it... and another thread enters the zone... it happens. The Twilight Zone has been reported many times.
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

SPOOKY!!

Thanks guys!

Comment

/me suggest to Spike that he start a "Sticky Thread Black-Hole Bug" contest since this is coming up so much.

[Ming]
              I was waiting for the thread starter to respond, and now he has. Question asked and answered. Case Closed.
              [/Ming]
              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

[Ming]
                I was waiting for the thread starter to respond, and now he has. Question asked and answered. Case Closed.
                [/Ming]
                So true... So true...
                Keep on Civin'
                RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X