Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do the post-posting quotes come from?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do the post-posting quotes come from?

Is it the same place where fortune cookie quotes are made?
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

I asked this once.
    American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
    I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
    Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
    XGalaga.

Comment

They just pull them out of MYASS

(Millennium Year Application Software System)
      badams

Comment

I couldn't be bothered reading the other thread, so if this was mentioned before, too bad.

There are two threads here (in the community forum) that us Polyites added our own custom quotes. They are by far better quality than the standard quotes from the Fortune Database.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Where exactly are those threads?
          American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
          I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
          Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
          XGalaga.

Comment

Re: Where do the post-posting quotes come from?

Originally posted by Smiley
            Is it the same place where fortune cookie quotes are made?
            The system uses fortune cookies for the implenitation. But other quotes are added, and the original quotes are less weighted than the added.
            Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I thought the original additions got wiped? Did most get replaced from the original threads used to collect them?

Comment

Working...
              X